Project

General

Problem setting up project in Eclipse 4.3.0

Sarah Tibell
Added almost 5 years ago

Hi,

I'm trying to setup and run Tigase Web Messenger in Eclipse 4.3.0. I have configured the project with GWT and the jaxmpp library files I could found.

Now I have errors in my project (see image (tried to upload)). Some errors are of type "The type X is already defined". I got the "extra package-directories" when I added "src/main/java", "messenger-app/src/main/java" and "messenger-commons/src/main/java" as Sources in Build Path.

However, I also get errors like "SaslStart cannot be resolved or is not a field" (I checked the SaslModule in packagetigase.jaxmpp.core.client.xmpp.modules.auth.SaslModule and indeed, it does not contain any SaslStart field). (see second image for more errors).

So my question is: where can I get the missing library-parts? (I completely miss tigase.jaxmpp.gwt.client.DefaultLoggerSpi and parts of tigase.jaxmpp.core.client.xmpp.modules.auth.SaslModule, the SaslModule.SaslStart field.)

If you can see the image of the project structure, does it seems correct? Or what should the Build Paths be?

Project structure:

• TigaseMessenger2 (project)

-- "messenger-commons/src/main/java"/ (looks like a package folder)

-- "messenger-app/src/main/java"/ (looks like a package folder)

-- "/src/main/java"/ (looks like a package folder)

-- lib/ (ordinary folder)

-- messenger-app/ (ordinary folder)

-- messenger-commons/ (ordinary folder)

-- src/ (ordinary folder)

-- pom.xml

-- README.txt

-- and some libraries, jars

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Sarah

Replies (3)

Added by Bartosz Malkowski TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

This repository contains two projects:

messenger-commons and messenger-app.

messenger-app is dependent on messenger-commons.

Maybe use Maven: mvn eclipse:eclipse

to generate Eclipse project files.

Added by Sarah Tibell almost 5 years ago

Thank you for your reply!

I have no trouble building and running the project except that I get these errors:

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Errors in 'file:/C:/Users/guest01/workspace/messenger-app/src/main/java/tigase/messenger/client/MainViewport.java'

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Line 251: SaslStart cannot be resolved or is not a field

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Line 258: SaslSuccess cannot be resolved or is not a field

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Unable to load module entry point class tigase.messenger.client.TigaseMessenger2 (see associated exception for details)

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Failed to load module 'tigasemessenger2' from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.117 Safari/537.36' at 127.0.0.1:53095

Should I try to modify the jaxmpp-core.jar file and add methodes SaslStart and SaslSuccess to SaslModule? I hope they are similar to AuthModule's methods in that case.. Or is there another solution?

Regards

Added by Sarah Tibell almost 5 years ago

Ok I modified the SaslModule.java file in jaxmpp-core and solved that error. Now I get these errors...

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Errors in 'file:/C:/Users/guest01/workspace/messenger-commons/src/main/java/tigase/gwtcommons/client/XmppService.java'

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Line 4: The import tigase.jaxmpp.gwt.client.DefaultLoggerSpi cannot be resolved

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Line 31: DefaultLoggerSpi cannot be resolved to a type

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Unable to load module entry point class tigase.messenger.client.TigaseMessenger2 (see associated exception for details)

[ERROR] [tigasemessenger2] - Failed to load module 'tigasemessenger2' from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.117 Safari/537.36' at FE-DELL3010-1.Flexite.local:53416

tigase.jaxmpp.gwt.client.DefaultLoggerSpi in XMPPService.java cannot be resolved and I can't find this file in the jaxmpp library, i.e the provided jaxmpp library is incomplete. What should I do?

I get some other errors too but I hope to solve them.

Thanks!

(1-3/3)