Project

General

Websocket on Internet Explorer 10, 11.

Tuấn Lệnh Quách
Added over 3 years ago

I set up client chat via websocket. It working properly on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera.

But on IE ( tested 10, 11). If connection is inactive for about 10 second, it throught error:

SCRIPT12030: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12030, The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

And it disconnect.

My client use strophe.js library.

Replies (7)

Added by Artur Hefczyc over 3 years ago

There where issues reported about this on 5.2.0 and we made some improvements in 5.3.0-SNAPSHOT so in devel it should be fixed

Added by Balakumar M over 1 year ago

We are facing same issue. We are using tigase 7.0.0 with strophe.js websocket connection which works fine with Chrome & Firefox but IE after few seconds throwing SCRIPT12030: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12030, The connection with the server was terminated abnormally.

Added by Daniel Wisnewski over 1 year ago

Hello Balakumar,
Can you share log files with websocket debug enabled? This might shed some light from Tigase's point of view.

use:

--debug=ws2s

in init.properties if you haven't already done so.

Please find tigase log in the attachment. my init.properties have --debug = server,ws2s
Thanks.

Added by Wojciech Kapcia over 1 year ago

Balakumar M wrote:

We are facing same issue. We are using tigase 7.0.0 with strophe.js websocket connection which works fine with Chrome & Firefox but IE after few seconds throwing SCRIPT12030: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12030, The connection with the server was terminated abnormally.

Given this topic is in the Tigase XMPP Client Library and above doesn't mention the library just want ask for the following
  • can you clarify that the issue manifests itself with Tigase 7.0.0 and strophe library?
  • can you clarify the issue doesn't manifest with the same library (strophe) and other xmpp server?
  • can you try latest Tigase xmpp server nightly from http://build.tigase.org/nightlies/dists/ and check if the issue persists?

Added by Andrzej Wójcik over 1 year ago

I remember that we already solved some issues with WebSocket and IE 10 and IE 11. When this issue occurred in browser following error was reported:

SCRIPT12030: WebSocket Error: Network Error 12030, The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

Fix for this issue and additional improvements of support for WebSocket protocol are now part of Tigase XMPP Server 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT and should be released as 7.1.0 soon.

Thanks. Fix for the Issue #3440 (Revision 06d1bc38) solve the problem. :)

(1-7/7)