Project

General

tigase server is ussually dead

Tuan Son Phan
Added about 5 years ago

We install a tigase server ver 5.2. We're developing a Flex application with chat module and notification.

Currently we are still on development process with 5 people in team (mean not much connection).

But tigase server ussually dead, our application can't go online. Try to stop server, it inform that tigase are not running. But Try to telnet to server from my local port 5222 -> successfully. I check process on server, and still see process run there.

Totally server is not stable. I must kill process and start again it.

I'm sending you lastest log files. Could you please check and help?

Many thanks

Replies (8)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 5 years ago

Looks like the Tigase process dies with out of memory error. Please try to increase memory settings for Tigase.

By the way, it looks like you use MongoDB with this setup. Is it your own integration? As we also think about adding MongoDB support to Tigase, could you please share your experience so far? How does it work? Does it make sense to add MongoDB support to Tigase in your opinion?

Added by Tuan Son Phan about 5 years ago

Thank you Artur Hefczyc,

I'l check to increase memory settings. Would you tell me exactly where need to increase? and how much we should need?

About MongoDB:

yes, it's our integration. Our application use mongoDB. In our application, we need to develop a chat component with functions like Skype, where it support history conversation, left room time, join room time, unread message status,... which do not support by your tigase server.

So we write a plugin which catch all messages and insert to our mongoDb, and there we have other related data like users collection (table), read status collections,...

My opionion is you should add that support, because someone might need it. MongoDB is a non-sql database with no relations between collections (tables). It can be used in big system with huge data, but high performance (better sql database system).

They ussually use non-sql database like mongoDB, if their designed database has loose relations.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 5 years ago

A Java parameter: -Xmx allows you to set maximum memory allowed for Java process. By default we set it to 200M which is more than enough for most small installation. However in some cases like yours when you use third party code and libraries (for MongoDB) this may be too little. I recommend to increase it to 1GB for example and see how it goes. I understand that as you write own code for Tigase you know Java very well, so once you increase memory for Java you can have a look at Tigase log files to see whether there are any errors or warnings.

I do not know your installation and location of the Tigase files but usually this setting can be adjusted in the Tigase's tigase.conf file where it is set to the default 200M value. The file is either in Tigase folder inside etc/ subdirectory or wherever it has been put on your installation.

Added by Tuan Son Phan almost 5 years ago

Thank you so much. I'l try it.

Added by Minh Tran almost 5 years ago

Artur Hefczyc wrote:

Looks like the Tigase process dies with out of memory error. Please try to increase memory settings for Tigase.

By the way, it looks like you use MongoDB with this setup. Is it your own integration? As we also think about adding MongoDB support to Tigase, could you please share your experience so far? How does it work? Does it make sense to add MongoDB support to Tigase in your opinion?

Hi Artur,

I'm from the same team of Son. We think mongodb support is quite important as we tend to minimize number of services support in our platform. Currently we need to run dual database mysql ,mmongodb but our operations are mostly on mongodb. mysql is just for tigase. since we use a vps for our development and it has memory limit so if we can remove mysql it would be awesome.

There are many advantages of nosql such as mongodb over tradditional sql server such as mysql. One is the scalability. And because of non-scheme mechanism we can extend data anytime during the development time. So it is very flexible for agile practice.

We intent to rollout a mongodb plugin for tigase to replace all functions in mysql plugin but we heard you are doing that, so we will wait.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

We are not yet working on the MongoDB support. We are considering adding support for it but there is no ETA yet. To be honest, until now interest in MongoDB for Tigase was very low, therefore we do not have specific plans for implementation yet.

Added by ernesto puddu over 4 years ago

Hi all,

We have an voip/xmpp application built on mongodb.

The xmpp section is built on an strongly customized Openfire architecture.

We are planning to switch to Tigase in order to be able to manage hight traffic, but we would get rid of the mysql db Openfire and Tigase are using.

The best solution would be to have only one mongodb architecture for the whole application.

So, I join the set of users asking strongly for a mongodb integration.

Btw, you're doing a great work with Tigase!

Many thanks

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

We rescheduled MongoDB support implementation to the 5.3.0 version. Some test version of the support should show up within next few weeks.

(1-8/8)