Project

General

Presence status between Jitsi and bria IOS Clients

Jonathan Hunter
Added over 4 years ago

HI Guys,

Just updated to 5.2 tigase, and the server has been great so far.

I do have one issue however, if you could give me some pointers would be great.

I have pre-populated a roster list in tig_pairs, and when users use just jitsi client, presence works fine.

However if one user is on Jitsi, and the other on Bria IOs , they dont see presence.

Looking at the database, I notice the Bria IOS client adds privacy lists, could this be causing the issue and if so what should I do?

| 592 | 186 | privacy-list | <presence-in/>

| 593 | 186 | privacy-list | <presence-in/>

Also which parameters should be enabled in init.properties to ensure presence works across different xmpp clients if they adhere to the specs correctly?

Thanks

Jon

Replies (6)

Added by Jonathan Hunter over 4 years ago

Also I can only see presence status on jitsi, not on Bria.

So Bria sends status to Jitsi and it is modified as required, busy,onphone etc and is shown as online.

However in opposite direction when Jitsi sends status to Bria, nothing is shown, and it constantly appears as offline.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

Jonathan Hunter wrote:

I have pre-populated a roster list in tig_pairs, and when users use just jitsi client, presence works fine.

However if one user is on Jitsi, and the other on Bria IOs , they dont see presence.

Looking at the database, I notice the Bria IOS client adds privacy lists, could this be causing the issue and if so what should I do?

| 592 | 186 | privacy-list | <presence-in/>

| 593 | 186 | privacy-list | <presence-in/>

I do not know Bria software and have no experience with it. From the DB excerpt you provide it looks like Bria uses privacy lists. The first one, if activated would block all incoming presences to the user. So the solution would be to make sure this privacy list is not active when you use Bria client.

Also which parameters should be enabled in init.properties to ensure presence works across different xmpp clients if they adhere to the specs correctly?

None. Tigase is XMPP Server and all XMPP compatible clients work correctly if the adhere to the specs. Tigase does not distinguish between different clients.

Hi Artur,

Thank you very much for the response.

Is there anything I can do server side to help with these privacy lists? Can I add a default-list that would help with this, or a privacy-list for each user to prevent this from blocking presence by default?

Or am I in the hands of the client?

Thanks

jon

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

In theory you have full control on the server side. You can ignore user's privacy list, disable it or do whatever you want. However, the purpose of privacy list is to allow a user set some restrictions on the traffic he receives and/or sends. So, if the user/client set and activates a privacy list, the server should respect it and follow the rule specified in the privacy list.

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

Jonathan Hunter wrote:

Is there anything I can do server side to help with these privacy lists?

One option, quite intrusive from client perspective, is also go as far as disabling Privacy Lists altogether, you can do it by disabling plugin responsible for processing it:

--sm-plugins=-jabber:iq:privacy

Thanks Wojciech, that worked great!

Jon

(1-6/6)