Project

General

Websocket inactivity timer

Kulshreshth Dhiman
Added over 4 years ago

Hi,

In bosh we have inactivity time which invalidates the session if max-inactivity time exceeds. If a web client is using web-socket and closes the browser without logging out from server, sometime tigase shows the user online i.e there is active connection for that user in tigase(used user-stats groovy script to confirm if active connection).

I tried to set inactivity time in init.properties and also tried to set watchdog for websocket but it did not work out.

ws2s/max-inactivity-time[L]=60

ws2s/max-inactivity[L]=60

ws2s/watchdog_delay[L]=60000

ws2s/watchdog_timeout[L]=60000

ws2s/watchdog_ping_type[S]=WHITESPACE

Kindly provide me information on how to set inactivity/watchdog for ws2s (websocket). Also kindly provide time-unit for the above settings.

Thanks

Replies (1)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

There is no inactivity timer for websockets protocol. Inactivity is a timeout specific to Bosh protocol and there no equivalent for other protocols. The issue you are experiencing is most likely caused by the web browser not closing TCP/IP connection properly after the web browser window closed.

To ensure, please try to replicate the problem by completely quitting the web browser, not just closing a window or a tab.

(1-1/1)