Project

General

Bosh Watchdog Runtime Exception

Kulshreshth Dhiman
Added over 4 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to configure watchdog to remove broken connections from server. I got the following exceptions in tigase-console.log for bosh watchdog..

2014-10-07 16:55:10.023 [Watchdog - bosh]  ThreadExceptionHandler.uncaughtException()  SEVERE: Uncaught thread: "Watchdog - bosh" exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid UUID string: 192.168.6.7_5280_192.168.12.54_57812
        at java.util.UUID.fromString(UUID.java:194)
        at tigase.server.bosh.BoshConnectionManager.getBoshSession(BoshConnectionManager.java:811)
        at tigase.server.bosh.BoshConnectionManager.writePacketToSocket(BoshConnectionManager.java:765)
        at tigase.server.ConnectionManager$Watchdog$1.check(ConnectionManager.java:1554)
        at tigase.server.ConnectionManager.doForAllServices(ConnectionManager.java:1015)
        at tigase.server.ConnectionManager$Watchdog.run(ConnectionManager.java:1517)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

This is for version 5.2.2. I tried with 5.2.0 as well, it gives the same exception.

Rest of the watchdogs (c2s, ws2s) work fine. Is watchdog enabled for bosh connections?

Thanks,

Replies (3)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

A few questions:

1. How do you try to configure watchdog for Bosh connections?

2. Why do you do this? Bosh works in a different way from standard XMPP and has own mechanism to discover users disconnection or broken connections, therefore watchdog is not really used from your perspective.

Added by Kulshreshth Dhiman over 4 years ago

Actually I want to use inactivity timer for bosh connections and watchdog for c2s and ws2s.

Following are my configurations

bosh/max-inactivity[L]=300

c2s/max-inactivity-time[L]=35

--watchdog_delay=30000

--watchdog_timeout=15000

--watchdog_ping_type=xmpp

But with these configurations, bosh watchdog do run causing that exception. Is there a way to disable watchdog only for bosh?

Artur Hefczyc wrote:

A few questions:

How do you try to configure watchdog for Bosh connections?

Why do you do this? Bosh works in a different way from standard XMPP and has own mechanism to discover users disconnection or broken connections, therefore watchdog is not really used from your perspective.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

I looked in the code and there is indeed a problem with handling watchdog for bosh connections, I created a ticket for this: #2329. Please add yourself to watchers of the ticket if you want to track progress.

(1-3/3)