Project

General

messages archived through Message Archiving cannot be removed by iq remove calls

Pradeep Mathan
Added over 4 years ago

messages archived through Message Archiving cannot be removed by iq remove calls

<!-- Out -->

<remove xmlns='urn:xmpp:archive'

with='praveen@m41Win8'

start='1469-07-21T02:00:00Z'

end='2014-11-07T00:00:00Z'/>

<!-- In -->

Feature not supported yet.

What is the alternate approach I have to adopt.

Replies (6)

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam over 4 years ago

In current development version this is implemented feature and works fine.

Which verion of Tigase Message Archiving component are you using?

Added by Pradeep Mathan over 4 years ago

Tigase Server version 5.2.0 henceforth mentioned functionality is not present.

We are using the Tigase build to go into production mode. We need a stable release. We had experimented with nightly builds some time back and on startup they were throwing exceptions.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

The master branch of our development version is rather stable and actually deployed on some production system. We do the new code and features in separate branches to avoid breaking existing code. If you have or had any problems with new version deployment, please let us know. It may be, most likely, due to some mismatch of the libraries version.

I tried getting a nightly build from http://build.tigase.org/nightlies/dists/2014-11-07/ and build Message archiving jars from master repository. I am getting the same message as described on top.

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam over 4 years ago

I rechecked this issue and I was able to replicate it. It appears that implementation in component was in place and was working fine while issue was with forwarding requests to component. I fixed it in this commit https://projects.tigase.org/projects/message-archiving/repository/revisions/07e3eda7f87a8ceeedb2a506653b1b50941b5cf0, so it will be fixed in next nightly build.

It works, thank you.

(1-6/6)