Project

General

Implementing XEP-0136

Hamid Alimohammadi
Added over 4 years ago

Hi,

Sorry if I am asking a very basic question.

Is it possible to store all online & offline users' messages based on XEP-0136?

As I checked the Tigase documentations, we can activate xep-0136 as a plugin --sm-plugins = +message-archive-xep-0136 or as a component --comp-name-6 = message-archive

If I want to activate xep-0136; Should I enable both in plugin and component in init.properties? or just one of them?

Thank you in advance for help

Replies (4)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

You have to activate both, the plugin and the component in order for the message archive to work.

The chat history (message archive XEP-0136) stores only messages for online users which were delivered to a user. In order words messages that were seen by a user. Messages for offline users are stored elsewhere.

Added by Hamid Alimohammadi over 4 years ago

Thank you for reply.

All the offline messages are stored in the "msg_history" table in MySQL database and that is great, but I can not find "chat history" table for online messages. May I ask where I can find the chat history for online users?

Thank you again for help

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

Message Archive messages are stored in tig_ma_messages tables (and there is one more related table - @tig_ma_jids@). Please bare in mind, that user need to explicitly enable storing of the messages or you need to configure it globally (either for the whole server or on VHost basis): Configuration

Added by Hamid Alimohammadi over 4 years ago

Thank you for help

(1-4/4)