Project

General

Possibility of probing the Presence of a user who is not in roster list

Hamid Alimohammadi
Added almost 4 years ago

Hi,

I have a question and I appreciate for any help.

Supposing that user1@company.com and user2@company.com are not in the roster lists of each other, they won't be able to see the status (offline|online) of each other; However, user1 is able to send message to user2 but still user1 will see the status of user2 as offline (even if the real status of user2 is online).

If user1 knows the JID of user2; Is there any way that user1 can retrieve the presence and vcard information of user2 via Tigase server (even if both users are not in the roster lists of each other)?

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

Hamid Alimohammadi wrote:

Supposing that user1@company.com and user2@company.com are not in the roster lists of each other, they won't be able to see the status (offline|online) of each other; However, user1 is able to send message to user2 but still user1 will see the status of user2 as offline (even if the real status of user2 is online).

This is behavior defined in the RFC.

If user1 knows the JID of user2; Is there any way that user1 can retrieve the presence and vcard information of user2 via Tigase server (even if both users are not in the roster lists of each other)?

Again - this is how specification define presence exchange - if you want to know presence of other party you need explicit subscription request (*). However - presence ubscription is not required to retrieve vcard information.

(*) - in Tigase you can enable option to auto-authorize all contacts when they are added to the roster

sess-man/plugins-conf/auto-authorize=true

or use DynamicRosters.

Added by Hamid Alimohammadi almost 4 years ago

Thank you for the quick reply.

Just one question about DynamicRoster: To my understanding DynamicRosters are customized scripts written for individual requirements (not a sort of option in init.properties for instance).

I appreciate for a small hint or any link to a document. We are using "tigase-server-7.0.0-SNAPSHOT-b3699"

Thanks again for your reply

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

Hamid Alimohammadi wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Just one question about DynamicRoster: To my understanding DynamicRosters are customized scripts written for individual requirements (not a sort of option in init.properties for instance).

Not exactly scripts - Java classes implementing DynamicRosterIfc interface.

I appreciate for a small hint or any link to a document. We are using "tigase-server-7.0.0-SNAPSHOT-b3699"

There is a Dynamic Rosters documentation.

(1-3/3)