Project

General

login failed by invalid username or password

shir Hu
Added about 4 years ago

Hi,

When I use tigase.exe as server, spark can login success; but when use source code in eclipse as server, spark return invalid username or password, I check the logs and found there is some difference between them, a property called s2sSecret

follow is the code server

[session-open Queue Worker 3]  SessionManager.createUserSession()  FINEST: Setting hostname shir-pc for connection: c2s@shir-pc/192.168.1.100_5222_192.168.1.100_56668, VHostItem: Domain: shir-pc, enabled: true, anonym: true, register: true, maxusers: 0, tls: false, s2sSecret: b9e0938b-7b36-476d-9152-6977ce50812b, domainFilter: ALL, domainFilterDomains: null, c2sPortsAllowed: null, saslAllowedMechanisms: null

follow is the tigase.exe server

[session-open Queue Worker 3]  SessionManager.createUserSession()  FINEST: Setting hostname shir-pc for connection: c2s@shir-pc/192.168.1.100_5222_192.168.1.100_54976, VHostItem: Domain: shir-pc, enabled: true, anonym: true, register: true, maxusers: 0, tls: false, s2sSecret: null, domainFilter: ALL

I thought that might be some config for s2sSecret is different, but I cann't found it, can you tell me something about this.

Replies (5)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

Most likely they both connect to a different database or have different config options which affect user authentication.

Added by shir Hu about 4 years ago

They connect to a same database ,config file init.properties also same, then can you tell me how to check config affect user authentincation?

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

shir Hu wrote:

Hi,

When I use tigase.exe as server, spark can login success; but when use source code in eclipse as server, spark return invalid username or password, I check the logs and found there is some difference between them, a property called s2sSecret

I thought that might be some config for s2sSecret is different, but I cann't found it, can you tell me something about this.

shir Hu wrote:

They connect to a same database ,config file init.properties also same, then can you tell me how to check config affect user authentincation?

Is this related to thread with problems logging in using spark (vide RE: login error tigase server 7.0 )? It looks like you are trying to compare older version (exe, looks like stable 5.3.x release? missing s2sSecret would be one indication, working SASL with spark would be another one) with current development version (version in eclipse, from source repository - probably master, with inclusion of s2sSecret as well as changed SASL implementation which is more in line with specification and may cause problems with spark, which was explained in the linked thread) -- is this correct?

Added by shir Hu about 4 years ago

I don't know the version of source code, but version of tigase.exe is 5.2.3-b3470. So you means that spark doesn't surport tigase server 7.0?

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

Our repository origin/master branch has the latest development code, therefore it's version 7.0.0-SNAPSHOT, hence the difference.

From what are you saying it looks like Spark doesn't follow specification therefore it fails to authenticate as Tigase tries to be more strict. It was explained in the linked message - https://projects.tigase.org/boards/4/topics/4251?r=4278#message-4278.

I would suggest reporting this to smack/spark team.

(1-5/5)