Project

General

Tigase statistics: would like to get only a number of SENT messages

Igor Khomenko
Added about 4 years ago

Hi there,

Tigase has own statistics of messages, but looks like it counts SENT+RCV messages,

for example, if a user sends a message to another user then Tigase will count it as 2, also the same for MUC component.

Is it possible to get only a count of SENT messages?

Replies (13)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

Which statistics are you referring to exactly? Each component has own set of statistics and they are even distinguished on direction and type.

At the bottom of that page you can query for all statistics (or filtered by component) which will provide you with more detailed statistics.

This is just a HTTP ui to data available through JMX, which would allow you to retrieve data in any desired way.

This is only from session manager.

Added by Igor Khomenko about 4 years ago

I checked all this info and didn't found the answer

We only can have next statistics for packets per time:

sess-man/Last second packets=193, sess-man/Last minute packets=4015, sess-man/Last hour packets=1437077,

As I understand this is SENT+RCVD packets.

We only can see the total value of SENT and RCVD packets

sess-man/Packets received=61890696, 
sess-man/Packets sent=57654620,

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

Take a look at metrics called "IN_QUEUE processed messages" and "OUT_QUEUE processed messages". Each component has this metrics so you can see how many messages went through that component in each direction (from a user/to a user). If you want to see how many messages were actually received from users, from the network you need to look at connection managers: c2s, Bosh, Websockets, and maybe s2s if you are interested in server to server communication. SM actually will show many more messages as it processes each message twice, also messages from MUC are passing through the SM, messages coming from other server and going out to other server also go through SM.

Thanks, that makes sense

Does c2s component handle only packet from user or to user as well?

It handles all packets over the regular socket connection (i.e. made on 5222 and 5223 ports) - both incoming and outgoing.

Ok, so, here is my solution, please confirm:

We can't use next parameters because they are SNT+RCV packets

c2s/Last second packets=45, c2s/Last minute packets=2855, c2s/Last hour packets=228397,

If we would like to count only SNT (from user) packets, I see the next solution:

1) Use next metric:

c2s/Packets sent=9925648

and request it for example each 5 seconds, then subtract an old value from new and divide the result by 5. After that we will receive "Packets sent per second"

Yes, that's good approach.

(1-13/13)