Project

General

Is the message "SocketThread.<clinit>() WARNING" in the console-log file critical?

Hamid Alimohammadi
Added about 4 years ago

Hi,

There are few WARNING lines in tigase-console.log file so I am thinking these WARNINGs might be issues for some future options which are not used yet.

The bollow three WARNINGs appear in the last lines of tigase-console.log:

2015-03-01 11:20:01.517 [main]             ConfigurationCache.store()         WARNING:  Dumping server configuration to: etc/config-dump.properties
2015-03-01 11:20:21.394 [ConnectionOpenThread]  SocketThread.<clinit>()       WARNING:  9 socketReadThreads started.
2015-03-01 11:20:21.402 [ConnectionOpenThread]  SocketThread.<clinit>()       WARNING:  9 socketWriteThreads started.

To my understanding the reason for the first line "Dumping server configuration" is existence of other warning in logfile so the first warning line isn't an issue(?), but I don't have any clue for the above second and third warnings and despite of these warning the server is working fine so far.

There are two other WARNINGs. Actually, the DNS-related settings in the Tigase and proper SRV records in real DNS server has been created accordingly, I mean the "hostname" and "dnsdomainname" commands (in linux) are resolved correctly; However I get two DNS-related WARNINGs in the logfile:

2015-03-01 11:19:53.407 [main]             DNSResolver.<clinit>()             WARNING:  Resolving default host name: realDomain.net took: 8
2015-03-01 11:19:57.932 [main]             VHostManager.setProperties()       WARNING:  {realDomain.net=Domain: realDomain.net, enabled: true, anonym: true, register: true, maxusers: 0, tls: false, s2sSecret: b0006198-aae3-494a-9ff6-6d6afe9f1bef, domainFilter: ALL, c2sPortsAllowed: null, saslAllowedMechanisms: null}

(I have just changed the real name of registered domain to "realDomain.net")

Sorry for this long post and thank you in advance for help

config-type = --gen-config-all
--admins = admin@realDomain.net
--virt-hosts = realDomain.net
--user-db-uri = jdbc:mysql://localhost/tigasedb?user=tigase&password=realPasswordHere
--user-db = mysql
--cluster-mode = false
--debug=db,server
--monitoring=jmx:9050,http:9080,snmp:9060
--sm-plugins = +message-archive-xep-0136,+jabber:iq:auth,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-session,+jabber:iq:register,+jabber:iq:roster,+presence,+jabber:iq:privacy,+jabber:iq:version,+http://jabber.org/protocol/stats,+starttls,+amp,-msgoffline,+vcard-temp,+http://jabber.org/protocol/commands,+jabber:iq:private,+urn:xmpp:ping,+basic-filter,+domain-filter,+pep,-zlib,+jabber:iq:last
--amp-security-level = NONE
c2s/processors[s]=urn:xmpp:sm:3
c2s/watchdog_delay[L]=40000
c2s/watchdog_timeout[L]=60000
c2s/max-inactivity-time[L]=60
c2s/watchdog_ping_type=xmpp
c2s/xmpp-ack[B]=true
--comp-class-1=tigase.muc.MUCComponent
--comp-name-1=muc

Replies (2)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

Those are normal log outputs - you should not worry about WARNING log level in this case.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

We output a few log records at the server startup time on WARNING level, because we consider them important and worth to have in logs even on a production system. Normally on a production system logs are set in such a way that only WARNINGs or SEVERE records are printed to logs. Therefore, even though the above records do not show anything wrong with the server we set WARNING level to make sure they are in the log.

And I think these are useful information for diagnosing any issues you may have:

1. "Dumping server configuration to: etc/config-dump.properties" - this gives you a location of the file with server configuration dump file. This is important because this file contains all the server settings, those you set in the init.properties file and all others which are used in their default values.

2. 9 socketReadThreads started. - this is a bit low level information which gives you an idea how many threads are used for the network traffic handling and indirectly how many CPUs were discovered on the installation

3. Resolving default host name: realDomain.net took: 8 - a very common networking misconfiguration includes DNS configuration issues. It can be easily detected if the resolving default host name takes very long time.

4. VHostManager.setProperties() WARNING: {realDomain.net=Domain:.... - information about default virtual host and domain parameters

As Wojciech mentioned, you can ignore these but when you have some problems these records might be helpful.

(1-2/2)