Project

General

Need Information regarding the Tigase XMPP Libraries that whether its supports S2S integration/communication

Ravish Aggarwal
Added over 3 years ago

Hi All,

I have few queries related to XMPP stuff.

I am using doing POC using JAVA to support ifferent XMPP UC systems ( like to do streaming process and exchanging presence and message ) like my sofware will act as a router between two different actual UC systems and provdies S2S xmpp communication between two.

however my query is:

Could Tigase xmmpp library

1) Does this Tigase library support the latest XMPP RFC 6120 and 6121 ?

2) Does your site provides any vulnerability/security alerts support the same ?

3) Does available Tigase library is FIPS compliant ?

Could you please help in providing the detail of Tigase xmpp library that probably could provide XMPP s2s support.

Requesting you to please help in providing the information for the above queries. and if you need more detail then please call me or send response on my mail id.

Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ravish Aggarwal

+91-9899987733

ravish2.aggarwal@aricent.com

ravish.aggarwal@gmail.com

Replies (5)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

Ravish Aggarwal wrote:

Could Tigase xmmpp library

When you use "Tigase xmpp library" do you ask about server or client library? Given it was posted in Tigase Server forums I'll assume this relates to the server.

1) Does this Tigase library support the latest XMPP RFC 6120 and 6121 ?

Yes, it does. Full list of supported standards can be found on the features page

2) Does your site provides any vulnerability/security alerts support the same ?

Yes we do, announcement about found vulnerabilities are announced on private list where a progress can be monitored before releasing the fix and announcing it publicly.

3) Does available Tigase library is FIPS compliant ?

Are you asking about Federal Information Processing Standards?

Could you please help in providing the detail of Tigase xmpp library that probably could provide XMPP s2s support.

Tigase Server supports server to server (s2s) support out of the box.

PS. please don't repeat messages multiple times - one is enough.

Added by Ravish Aggarwal over 3 years ago

Thanks alot for the provided information:

"Are you asking about Federal Information Processing Standards?"

yes , Does Tigase server library is FIPS compliant ? as we need FIPS compliant library only.

yes we are interesting in using the Server, as i mentioned that we need library that could support xmpp Streaming handshake (both DIALBACK, TLS + SASL) and PRESENCE , IM message parsing and From our sample code, we open severSocket on 5269 port and then attach that socket to stream object of xmpp library(provided by your library).

Actually currently we are using JSO (jabber stream object) ,however it doesnot provide active support and not fully compliant to latest xmpp RFC's and repository is not updated from last 8 years, so need other good xmpp server library.

Does we get a sample example of how to use the xmpp server library, like how to open stream, do dialback etc.

Please call me @ +91-9899987733 , or provide your contact no. if my query is not clear or you need more information. thanks in advance.

Please help us in this.

Regards,

Ravish Aggarwal

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

Ravish Aggarwal wrote:

yes we are interesting in using the Server, as i mentioned that we need library that could support xmpp Streaming handshake (both DIALBACK, TLS + SASL) and PRESENCE , IM message parsing and From our sample code, we open severSocket on 5269 port and then attach that socket to stream object of xmpp library(provided by your library).

Does we get a sample example of how to use the xmpp server library, like how to open stream, do dialback etc.

Tigase supports XMPP standard hence everything in RFC 6120: Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Core applies.

Added by Ravish Aggarwal over 3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Actually we are interesting in Tigase opensource Jar/library( like JSO provided) that Tigase library could support xmpp Streaming handshake (both DIALBACK, TLS + SASL) and PRESENCE , IM message parsing.

From our sample code, we open severSocket on 5269 port and then attach that socket to stream object of xmpp library(provided by your library).

Could you please help us in providing this information that whether Tigase provide any xmpp library for Server to Server communication/support?

And for FIPS specification,I have raised a question to my Manager , i will update you once got some information.

Regards,

Ravish Aggarwal

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

The best way would be to create a Tigase component using Tigase Server APIs and deploy it in such a way that Tigase instance only runs your custom component and s2s component. This way you can use all the s2s communication capabilities out of the box.

(1-5/5)