Project

General

A few Questions about Tigase

Joseph Gray
Added almost 4 years ago

Greetings all,

My company chose XMPP as a free, easy-to deploy internal messaging service between our 3 locations. We would like client setup to be very minimal and once logged in; essentially users should not have to configure security certificates, configure any contacts, or spend time typing in vCard info - The ultimate goal is that (IT) installs the client, logs them in, and they are completely ready to go. So I have a few questions regarding some basic housekeeping for my Tigase server:

I have been administrating the server through the admin account via PSI and have Tigase running as a service on a Windows 2012R2 Server;

1)Is there a GUI interface that I can use to administrate, or am I stuck with command line (or my current setup in PSI)?

2)The vCard plugin was enabled during installation of the server; How do I disable this so that new users are not prompted each time to enter information into the vCard OR can I enter information in the vCard when I create a user?

3)Users are not showing up on PSI's roster until they are manually added; for some reason they show offline (even though they are not) until a request has been accepted to add them. I would like to forgo that whole process and just have users available in one large "pool" of contacts to choose from, in addition to automatically accepting / bypassing the requests. How would this be accomplished? -This same issue happened with the other clients I have tested (Gajim and Spark) though we would prefer to use PSI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joseph

Client.JPG (80.9 KB) Client.JPG Online User shows offline
Client.JPG (190 KB) Client.JPG

Replies (1)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

Joseph Gray wrote:

1)Is there a GUI interface that I can use to administrate, or am I stuck with command line (or my current setup in PSI)?

Recent version bundle the webUI, which is accessible under http://localhost:8008/ui/

2)The vCard plugin was enabled during installation of the server; How do I disable this so that new users are not prompted each time to enter information into the vCard OR can I enter information in the vCard when I create a user?

Actual prompt is generated by the PSI. If you disable the plugin (which can be done via etc/init.properties and modifying line --sm-plugins and adding to it @-vcard-temp@) but this will disable vCard functionality altogether. Currently there is no ad-hoc to modify user vCard, but it can be created and then later on accessed via Psi or webUI.

3)Users are not showing up on PSI's roster until they are manually added; for some reason they show offline (even though they are not) until a request has been accepted to add them. I would like to forgo that whole process and just have users available in one large "pool" of contacts to choose from, in addition to automatically accepting / bypassing the requests. How would this be accomplished? -This same issue happened with the other clients I have tested (Gajim and Spark) though we would prefer to use PSI.

This can be solved in two ways:

• automatic presence subscription acceptance - add following line to etc/init.properties and then upon adding user to the roster it will automatically go through the usual subscribe-subscribed path:
sess-man/plugins-conf/auto-authorize=true

(1-1/1)