Project

General

Presence Probe configuration

erik veas
Added almost 4 years ago

Hi Guys.

We are checking the feature that you added into Tigase that refers to the Presence probe ( #3135 ), we are checking the guide that you had

http://docs.tigase.org/tigase-server/snapshot/Properties_Guide/html/

But for be honest dont know how to setup the init.properties file the possibility regarding how to allow any user from listed domain to request presence probes.

Now we had a domain that we want to add ad a trusted component for receive the presence probe test.lab.com our virtual host

And we added like this into the init.properties

--trusted = test.lab.com

Also we use

--trusted entities = test.lab.com

but we still do not reveice the presence, can you help us about how to setup this please?

regards and thanks for the help

Replies (9)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

As stated in the linked issue - this is configured on per-vhost basis, so it can be configured either via admin ad-hoc and changing configuration of the domain or in init.properties in --virt-hosts=lab.com:trusted-jids=test.lab

Added by erik veas almost 4 years ago

How we can configure that all the JIDs that belongs to the same Virtual Host be trusted, how we can add external components in a trusted list ?

finally, its the component that need to be trusted, that way the JID can send their information.

Right now, we just receive an unsuscribe message when we must receive the suscription.

Waiting your comments.

Best Regards

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

erik veas wrote:

How we can configure that all the JIDs that belongs to the same Virtual Host be trusted, how we can add external components in a trusted list ?

This configuration can accept JID in any form (so either user@domain or domain -- those are both valid JIDs), therefore you can add the Vhost to the list and all users will automatically be considered as trusted.

finally, its the component that need to be trusted, that way the JID can send their information.

Right now, we just receive an unsuscribe message when we must receive the suscription.

You should be able to to add component address (i.e. @component@VHost@) to the list to make it trusted.

Added by erik veas almost 4 years ago

I have tested with the next configuration:

--virt-hosts = things.clayster.cl:trusted-jids=provisioning.lab.com (provisioning.lab.com is the name of my external component) also --virt-hosts = things.clayster.cl:trusted-jids=provisioning@lab.com

and

--virt-hosts = things.clayster.cl:trusted-jids=lab.com (to add all the jids belonging to the same server, I think that should include also in the trusted list the external component "provisioning.lab.com" because it uses the same vhost)

None of these settings worked for us, the idea is that, when the external component send a presence "probe" to a specific jid, this must answer with his identification information, but now we only receive an "unsubscribe", for this reason is needed the external component must be included in the trusted list, but the response is still always "unsubscribe", do you know what can I be doing bad?

Added by erik veas over 3 years ago

Hi Guys

Do you have any answer regarding this configuration, we still cannot setup this into our server.

Can you help us?

regards

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

lab.com is not the same VHost as provisioning.lab.com (however lab.com should work for component provisioning@lab.com@). I've checked and unfortunately there is a problem with applying this property from the file configuration string. For now please set/updated the configuration of the @trusted-jids via editing of the VHost (admin ad-hoc) and add desired elements to the list which will make probe requests work as expected - returning proper presence of the queried contact. In the meantime we will work on fixing the issue with applying configuration from file.

Added by erik veas over 3 years ago

Hi Guys

Do you have any status regarding this fix ?

Regards and thanks :)

Unfortunately it hasn't been fixed yet.

It was already fixed and it's possible to provide such configuration using ; as a trusted values splitter.

(1-9/9)