Project

General

Offline messages send again and again

channa bandara
Added over 3 years ago

Hi,

As I have understood regarding offline messaging in Tigase server, when a user is offline, the message is saved in msg_history table and when the user is online message will be pushed to the the user. But when I check the msg_history table, although the messages are delivered to the user, offline message are still in the msg_history table and it's expired flag is NULL. The following is a sample record from the msg_history table.

<message id="C00E2132-01E7-49AF-AB5A-FA418EBC2828" xmlns="jabber:client" type="chat" from="6596416710@im.ncs/Onechat" to="6582003979@im.ncs"><body>eyJjb21tYW5kIjoiWE1QUFJlcXVlc3QiLCJpZCI6IjlGMzE1MkEyLUNFRjctNDBENS05MDdDLTUzMTgzMTJBQzIyNyIsImFyZ3VtZW50cyI6eyJtZXNzYWdlSWQiOiJDMDBFMjEzMi0wMUU3LTQ5QUYtQUI1QS1GQTQxOEVCQzI4MjgiLCJpZGVudGlmaWVyIjoiWE1QUC1OQ1MiLCJtZXNzYWdldHlwZSI6InRleHRtZXNzYWdlIiwiY29tbWFuZCI6ImN0IiwidGV4dCI6IlJlY2VpdmVkLiJ9fQ==</body><active xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates"/><request xmlns="urn:xmpp:receipts"/><delay from="im.ncs" stamp="2015-06-19T11:14:20.773Z" xmlns="urn:xmpp:delay">Offline Storage - ip-172-30-1-227.ap-southeast-1.compute.internal</delay></message>

Is that because of server sends the message and not getting any acknowledgement? Explanation on this issue will be really helpful. Thanks.

Replies (4)

Added by Parvinder Singh over 3 years ago

I have problem while sending msgs to offline users.

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

channa bandara wrote:

As I have understood regarding offline messaging in Tigase server, when a user is offline, the message is saved in msg_history table and when the user is online message will be pushed to the the user. But when I check the msg_history table, although the messages are delivered to the user, offline message are still in the msg_history table and it's expired flag is NULL. The following is a sample record from the msg_history table.

Upon user establishing new connection (in this case @6582003979@im.ncs@) all messages will be retrieved from the database, removed and send to the user. It's not possible that those are preserved AND sent at the same time as the code removes them before pushing to the user.

Please make sure there are no exceptions in the logs regarding database access.

Added by Balakumar M over 3 years ago

Even i have same problem. seems message & msgoffline plugins are not disabled. so offline messages is stored in both tig_pairs and msg_history. During load offline message, it is getting deleted only from tig_pairs and not from msg_history.

I tried -message,-msgoffline in init.properties plugin, but the behavior is same. How to prevent tig_pairs in action for offline messages?

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

By default Tigase uses amp plugin for message processing, and this include handling of offline messages.

(1-4/4)