Project

General

Missing user and null point exception when trying to read pubsub nodes.

Gureen Ryuu
Added about 3 years ago

I'm using Tigase V5.3 and Tigase Pubsub 2.2.0. I'm getting the following error when I try to read all notes from pubsub (using PSI).

2015-12-23 09:57:41.763 [in_0-pubsub]      PubSubDAO.getNodesList()           WARNING:  missing user for service jid = pubsub.example.com
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at tigase.pubsub.modules.commands.ReadAllNodesCommand.startReading(ReadAllNodesCommand.java:74)
        at tigase.pubsub.modules.commands.ReadAllNodesCommand.execute(ReadAllNodesCommand.java:47)
        at tigase.adhoc.AdHocCommandManager.process(AdHocCommandManager.java:91)
        at tigase.pubsub.modules.AdHocConfigCommandModule.process(AdHocConfigCommandModule.java:88)
        at tigase.component2.modules.ModulesManager.process(ModulesManager.java:87)
        at tigase.component2.AbstractComponent.processStanzaPacket(AbstractComponent.java:200)
        at tigase.pubsub.PubSubComponent.processCommandPacket(PubSubComponent.java:617)
        at tigase.component2.AbstractComponent.processPacket(AbstractComponent.java:186)
        at tigase.server.AbstractMessageReceiver$QueueListener.run(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:1490)

What could be the reason for that?

Also, when I try to create a node in PSI, it's giving me a form, but I can't fill it out. But I suppose that might be because of the first error I'm getting.

Replies (8)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

I'm using Tigase V5.3 and Tigase Pubsub 2.2.0. I'm getting the following error when I try to read all notes from pubsub (using PSI).

Please make sure that the server starts correctly and database connection is initialised without issues.

Added by Gureen Ryuu about 3 years ago

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

Please make sure that the server starts correctly and database connection is initialised without issues.

It is. I'm tracing the console log and it's not showing any errors. I'm also able to login the admin user without any problems, and discover the active pubsub service. I can also see the tigase-pubsub user has been created in the tig_users table.

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

Are you sure you are using aforementioned versions? Could you share @tigase-console.log@?

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

Are you sure you are using aforementioned versions? Could you share @tigase-console.log@?

I'm sure we're using Pubsub 2.2.0. Tigase might be either 5.3 or 5.2, but most probably 5.3.

I've attached the console log as you requested.

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

I'm sure we're using Pubsub 2.2.0. Tigase might be either 5.3 or 5.2, but most probably 5.3.

Are you building Tigase yourself? There is no information about the build in the logs. Have you made any modifications?

It doesn't look complete, but above point is more important.

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

Are you building Tigase yourself? There is no information about the build in the logs. Have you made any modifications?

Not the core part, no. But we did replace some plugins, and disable some others, such as AMP and register. May I ask why you'd like to know, could something be wrong there?

Could it be that I'm missing part of the debug configuration?

@--debug=server,xmpp.XMPPIOService,xmpp.impl

--debug-packages=test.foo.tigase,tigase.component@

Alright, so instead of using PSI to test, I just went ahead and made my own code to create a node. When I did it, it gave this

@2015-12-28 14:27:52.212 [in_0-pubsub] PubSubDAO.createNode() WARNING: missing user for service jid = pubsub.foochat.com, creating new user...

@

And stopped giving null exception and missing user! And the nodes I created are appearing as they should.

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

Not the core part, no. But we did replace some plugins, and disable some others, such as AMP and register.

You can disable them through configuration instead of creating own build :-)

May I ask why you'd like to know, could something be wrong there?

Most important question is on what are you basing your build? Can you share git commit hash?

Could it be that I'm missing part of the debug configuration?

@--debug=server,xmpp.XMPPIOService,xmpp.impl

--debug-packages=test.foo.tigase,tigase.component@

No, this affects logs/tigase.log.0 file. tigase-console prints out most vital information.

Gureen Ryuu wrote:

Alright, so instead of using PSI to test, I just went ahead and made my own code to create a node. When I did it, it gave this

@2015-12-28 14:27:52.212 [in_0-pubsub] PubSubDAO.createNode() WARNING: missing user for service jid = pubsub.foochat.com, creating new user...

@

And stopped giving null exception and missing user! And the nodes I created are appearing as they should.

Still, it looks that there is something wrong going on with PubSub repository initialisation because such user should be created during that time.

(1-8/8)