Project

General

Profile

Users not seems in database when create user using Spark Client & not login through spark or android app

Naitik Vithalani
Added about 3 years ago

We have download latest version of tigase from https://projects.tigase.org/projects/tigase-server/files and installed on linux machine.

We have installed tigase-server-7.0.2-b3821.jar(mySql Database) with advanced configuration for use of PubSub.

But, Once we create user using Spark Client, it shows user created successfully but in mySql database we can't see the created users.

Also, We are not able to login using Spark and through the our developed application which based on "Smack android".

So, Can you please provide guidance for this, We are also ready to hire professional support team for that.

Following are the Details of my machine.

Processor : Intel® Core™ i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz × 4 (32-Bit)

RAM : 4 GB

HDD : 500 GB

Thank you!


Replies (13)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Copying response from #3855

Naitik Vithalani wrote:

We have download latest version of tigase from https://projects.tigase.org/projects/tigase-server/files and installed on linux machine.

We have installed tigase-server-7.0.2-b3821.jar(mySql Database) with advanced configuration for use of PubSub.

But, Once we create user using Spark Client, it shows user created successfully but in mySql database we can't see the created users.

Also, We are not able to login using Spark and through the our developed application which based on "Smack android".

It's hard to tell what is the problem without any logs (from server and from the client) or more informations. If the user account is not present in the database then the registration was not successful.

You can create users manually in the DB by executing stored procedure:

mysql> call TigAddUserPlainPw("username@vhost","pass");

Added by Naitik Vithalani about 3 years ago

Thanks @ Wojciech Kapcia

And but if we install server with default configuration it working completely fine...

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

OK, what changes are you making exactly? Only enabling PubSub?

Can you share etc/tigase-console.log after the startup?

Added by Naitik Vithalani about 3 years ago

Sorry but i found the tigase-console.log file AT logs/tigase-console.log

Here, I attached log report of .log file.

Following are the steps i made enabled while installation server:

Advanced config.

  1. Separate Auth DB : off

  2. MUC : On

  3. Pubsub : On

rest are off.

logfile (7.91 KB) logfile

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Attached logfile is not complete.

Added by Naitik Vithalani about 3 years ago

Here, I attached complete log report of .log file.

Added by Naitik Vithalani about 3 years ago

Hello,

Can you please review the log and guide us at your earliest?

Thanks,

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Thank you for attaching the logs. It looks like Tigase started correctly so there shouldn't be any issue and the configuration is also corect.

You may include also complete logs (i.e. logs/tigase.log.* files, please compress them before) with the clear case (i.e. shutdown tigase, clear @logs/ directory, start Tigase, reproduce the issue and then grab the logs). In addition including complete client logs will also be helpful.

Naitik Vithalani wrote:

Can you please review the log and guide us at your earliest?

This is a community support board and while we try our best to respond as soon as possible to all messages it's not always possible. You may be interested in our support options - please contact us using this form: http://tigase.net/contact

Added by Naitik Vithalani about 3 years ago

Here, I attached complete log files.

logs.zip (31.8 KB) logs.zip

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Well user got registered correctly (you can check that in the database) but! You use following configuration (which requires more changes in the installer):

--sm-plugins=+message-archive-xep-0136,-jabber:iq:auth,-urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl,-urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind,-urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-session,+jabber:iq:register,+jabber:iq:roster,+presence,-jabber:iq:privacy,-jabber:iq:version,-http://jabber.org/protocol/stats,-starttls,+msgoffline,-vcard-temp,+http://jabber.org/protocol/commands,+jabber:iq:private,+urn:xmpp:ping,+basic-filter,+domain-filter,-pep,-zlib

which disables any authentication option with: -jabber:iq:auth,-urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl hence the problem with connecting. What's more - you are trying to use legacy jabber:iq:auth which is not recommended:

<iq xmlns="jabber:client" id="7368u-2" type="get"><query xmlns="jabber:iq:auth"><username>jignesh</username></query></iq>

I would suggest changing the configuration and either commenting out above line (prefix it with #@) or enabling mentioned plugins (removing @- prefix from entries).

Added by Naitik Vithalani about 3 years ago

It would be really better for me if you can give some guideline for what to comment/disable in which files as i'm not much aware about this process.

It will be really surely appreciable.

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Server configuration is described in the documentation - Tigase XMPP Server init.properties Configuration

Mentioned changes should be done in etc/init.properties file in which you have line --sm-plugins=+message-archive-xep-0136,-jabber:iq:auth,-urn:ietf:params…@. You should modify this line and put a @# at the beginning. or remove this line completely

Added by Naitik Vithalani about 3 years ago

Thanks.. its working fine for me...

    (1-13/13)