Project

General

Would tigase 7.1.0 support emojies storage in archived tables?

Trung Huynh
Added almost 2 years ago

Hello there!

I currently have a problem with tigase 7.0.2 (running on MySQL 5.5.x) in which the emojis or messages which contain emojis are not stored in archived tables (e.g. muc_history and tig_ma_msgs) even I have enabled UFT8mb4 for those tables. I've searched and tried many suggestions from other forum topics and have not been able to have emojis saved to those archived tables yet. I'm wondering if tigase 7.1.0 support emojis by default for archived tables (muc_history and tig_ma_msgs). I would be appreciated if someone please advise this, please? Thank a lot in advance!

Trung

Replies (4)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 2 years ago

The problem with lack of emoji support is only applicable to MySQL database - other supported databases store emoji without problem.

We have just implemented support for emoji for MySQL (vide #5033) and it will be included in 7.2.0 release (it's part of current nightly releases)

Added by Trung Huynh almost 2 years ago

Thank you very much. I see the issue with emojis have been out for awhile and thought it would have been resolved. Would you please advise what I could for for the current Mysql database to support emojis?

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 2 years ago

You could switch to the latest nightlies releases of Tigase, but those are development version.

You could try back-porting changes related to the support of emoji (no, we don't plan to backport it).

Added by Juan Ignacio Paz over 1 year ago

I had the same issue and i solved it changing the mysql-connector lib to 5.1.43.

(1-4/4)