Project

General

Switching from Derby to MongoDB?

Matt Q Public
Added over 1 year ago

I just got Tigase Server working two days ago, so I have a default installation right now. It uses Derby as a database. I would like to use MongoDB. Is there a way to change from Derby to Mongo, or do I have to uninstall Tigase Server and start over again?

I thought it might be as simple as changing my init.properties file, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

Replies (4)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 1 year ago

Simple change in the init.property file is usually just enough.

For databases, usually you also need to install the DB server, initialize the database - load the DB schema, and depending on the installation package that you used, you may need to add DB driver JAR to the Tigase installation. But if you used dist-max package, all the required JAR libraries should be already there.

Added by Matt Q Public over 1 year ago

Well that was easy to figure out. Tigase Server does not have drivers that support MongoDB v 3.0 or higher. I'm using Mongo 3.4.9

Are there any plans to support MongoDB v 3.0 or higher?

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 1 year ago

Andrzej, could you comment on this?

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam over 1 year ago

We already have updated MongoDB driver to version supporting MongoDB v3.0 and higher in master branch of Tigase XMPP Server which is going to be released soon as version 8.0.0 of Tigase XMPP Server. Right now you can download SNAPSHOT builds of this version from http://build.tigase.org/nightlies/dists/

As for version 7.1.1 which if I'm correct you are using, it is a maintenance release of version 7.1.0 of Tigase XMPP Server which originally was released with MongoDB driver in version 2.14 and due to API changes in MongoDB driver it was not possible to release a maintenance release without major rewrite of support for MongoDB in Tigase XMPP Server. Due to that support for newer versions of MongoDB was added in version 8.0.0 which will be released soon.

(1-4/4)