Project

General

disable tigase native load balancing

Andrew Beni
Added 12 months ago

Hi,
is possible to disable to native load balancer in cluster mode? How?

I'm using ELB, the client are getting:

Connection closed with error
    org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: see-other-host You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditions
    <stream:error><see-other-host xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'/></stream:error>
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1011)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:952)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:967)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

first of all there is no server name in the see-other-hos tag, second is possible to disable this function from tigase? I'm already using AWS load balancer

thanks

Replies (2)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam 12 months ago

Andrew Beni wrote:

Hi,

Yes, documentation --cm-see-other-host :-)

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPException$StreamErrorException: see-other-host You can read more about the meaning of this stream error at http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-error-conditions
    <stream:error><see-other-host xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'/></stream:error>
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1011)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:952)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:967)

first of all there is no server name in the see-other-hos tag, second is possible to disable this function from tigase? I'm already using AWS load balancer

Are you using default configuration? By default we sent this error only if client "supports" it (i.e. sends user jid in stream opening as from) or if you explicitly configured the server to enforce redirections.

Do you have any exceptions in Tigase logs?

Added by Andrew Beni 12 months ago

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

Andrew Beni wrote:

Hi,

Yes, documentation --cm-see-other-host :-)

Are you using default configuration? By default we sent this error only if client "supports" it (i.e. sends user jid in stream opening as from) or if you explicitly configured the server to enforce redirections.

Do you have any exceptions in Tigase logs?

Unfortunately it seem this version of Smack didn't work correctly, now I have set
--cm-see-other-host=none

and all works fine, thanks

(1-2/2)