Project

General

How to prevent Web Client from connection to external resources (google-analytics.com), if Tigase Server is used in the intranet.

Alexander Metelkin
Added about 1 month ago

Hello!
I make an installation of the Tigase Server in the local network (no access to the Internet), and try to connect to the web UI (http://:8080/ui/). Everything working, but before access page appears the UI (for a minute) shows blank page with message "Connecting to the google-analytics.com...".
So, the question is: how to prevent the server from making connections to the external resources (inaccessible from the intranet)?
Thanks!

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam 23 days ago

Which browser do you use?
Could you try to grab the recording of it? Or a screenshot?
Could you try to provide source of the loaded page (showing the message)?
Could you provide log from developer console of the requests that your browser tries to make?

We don't ship any code that relies on Google services. Just to make sure I checked the sources of web AdminUI and there is no mention of google-analytics.com.

Added by Alexander Metelkin 17 days ago

Sorry, the thing I should correct: it is not about Admin UI, it is about built in Web Client.
I used both Mozilla Firefox 56.0.2 (x32) and Google Chrome 72.0.3626.119 (x64), behavior are the same except Google does not show address(pic1.png, pic2.png).
Unfortunately I have no experience how to debug JS code; I simple pause it in debugger window in Firefox, and check the page's source code (pic3.png, pic4.png). Maybe it will be helpful for You?

pic1.png (182 KB) pic1.png
pic2.png (127 KB) pic2.png
pic3.png (178 KB) pic3.png
pic4.png (162 KB) pic4.png

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam 15 days ago

Thank you for the information - we will investigate the issue.

(1-3/3)