Project

General

Tigase v8 clustering

Atif Inayat
Added 20 days ago

Hello Team,

I want to know about the tigase clustering for version 8, I already configured the cluster nodes in version 7 but on version 8 I am facing the issue, It's not showing me the connected cluster node, I did following things to enable cluster and to see the other node, Please suggest me further.

Thanks in advance.

'cluster-mode' = 'true'
'cluster-nodes' = [ 'Hostname-of-2nd-node' ]

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam 19 days ago

You shouldn't need to configure cluster-nodes - they would be detected automatically by all the instances that share same database repository.

Added by Atif Inayat 16 days ago

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

You shouldn't need to configure cluster-nodes - they would be detected automatically by all the instances that share same database repository.

Thank you very much, that helped me.

One more thing I want to know, Now as I have cluster nodes connected which sharing the same database repository, so if I stop the tigase service on one node my user should automatically get connected with the 2nd node, isn't it?

Just to let you know that currently if I am stopping the tigase service on that server with whom my user is connected, it's getting disconnected then I've to mention the IP inside connection tab on psi client to connect with the 2nd node by using same user credentials.

What I want to ask, is it possible to automatically switch the user if one node goes down?

Thanks in advance.

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam 15 days ago

Atif Inayat wrote:

One more thing I want to know, Now as I have cluster nodes connected which sharing the same database repository, so if I stop the tigase service on one node my user should automatically get connected with the 2nd node, isn't it?

Yes, clients should intend to re-connect (if they are configured to do so) and they should attempt to connect to any of the IP addresses returned from the DNS - if Tigase is shutdown on one of the addresses client should try connecting to another one. Or if you use any sort of load balancer then it should take care of directing traffic to the nodes that have working Tigase XMPP Server.

Just to let you know that currently if I am stopping the tigase service on that server with whom my user is connected, it's getting disconnected then I've to mention the IP inside connection tab on psi client to connect with the 2nd node by using same user credentials.

What I want to ask, is it possible to automatically switch the user if one node goes down?

You should configure correctly the DNS for your domain (VHost) to point it to all nodes - please take a look at [SRV Records]https://docs.tigase.net/tigase-server/8.0.0/Administration_Guide/html/#_srv_records documentation.

(1-3/3)