Project

General

tigase cluster question

bin bin
Added over 2 years ago

Hello,

I have a tigase question about tigase cluster.so i see document on tigase.org site and description of the cluster need to add aparameter:--cluster-mode=true in init.properties file. Could you tell me this is the default cluster pattern.

I would like to ask this parameters:see-other-host relationship with cluster, there are must be configured?

Site explanation about this parameter:

see-other-host redirection enabled: in servers that have multiple clusters, this feature will help to automatically repopulate the cluster list if one goes down, however if this is unchecked, that list will not change and may attempt to send traffic to a down server.

Consult the front can use the LVS load balancing using HAPROXY is better.

thanks in advance

Bill

Replies (2)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 2 years ago

bin bin wrote:

Hello,

I have a tigase question about tigase cluster.so i see document on tigase.org site and description of the cluster need to add aparameter:--cluster-mode=true in init.properties file. Could you tell me this is the default cluster pattern.

Yes, this is the only option to enable clustering. Other options serves as a more fine-grined configuration.

I would like to ask this parameters:see-other-host relationship with cluster, there are must be configured?

Site explanation about this parameter:

see-other-host redirection enabled: in servers that have multiple clusters, this feature will help to automatically repopulate the cluster list if one goes down, however if this is unchecked, that list will not change and may attempt to send traffic to a down server.

By default see-other-host load balancing is enabled when clustering is enabled with sane default options (return values when the client can support such redirection, therefore it won't break connectivity). However this doesn't change how clustering works or interfere with the cluster nodes auto-discovery - it's not related.

Consult the front can use the LVS load balancing using HAPROXY is better.

Yes, you can use other load balancing options (for example HAPROXY), you simply need to make sure it is capable of handling required traffic.

Added by bin bin over 2 years ago

Thank you very much

(1-2/2)