Project

General

Compulsory Archiving

Hamid Alimohammadi
Added almost 4 years ago

Hi,

Sorry if this is a repetitive question.

Even though I have read similar questions in this forum like "Automatic Archiving" [[[https://projects.tigase.org/boards/19/topics/1520]]]

And the reply in the topic that "... The XEP defines message archive which is totally controlled by a user. User can enable it, disable it, can update chat history, can send off the record messages, etc... It is not supped to be controlled by the service admin"

As the above topic has been asked 11 months ago; Is there any change to newer versions of Tigase when it comes to Compulsory Archiving? Do all clients still must sent bellow stanza?

<iq type='set' id='auto1'>
<auto save='true' xmlns='urn:xmpp:archive'/>
</iq>

If the reply to question is yes; Could you please give me a hint what would be a good way to implement Compulsory Archiving described here [[[http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html#auto]]]

I mean if we want to "Warns user of a legacy client about compulsory archiving" :

<message from='capulet.com' to='juliet@capulet.com/chamber'>
  <body>WARNING: All messages that you send or
        receive will be recorded by the server.</body>
</message>

Do I have to use Groovy script to warn users?

Thanks in advance

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

Since version 1.0.1 it's possible to enforce automatic archiving on Server level (v. wiki Configuration: Additional-options.) However, there is no warning generated.

Best option would be to either extend current plugin responsible for handling message archiving (v. @message-archive-xep-0136@) or create new one for that purpose.

Added by Hamid Alimohammadi almost 4 years ago

Thank you very much for reply,

The mentioned option "sess-man/plugins-conf/message-archive-xep-0136/default-store-method=message" had already been in the init.properties.

Actually, the online message are stored in the "tig_ma_msgs" table, but each client has to send the bellow stanza (although just for one time):

<iq type='set' id='auto1'>
<auto save='true' xmlns='urn:xmpp:archive'/>
</iq>

Otherwise, the message are not stored in the tig_ma_msgs.

I was just wandering if there is an option in the init.properites that without the above stanza from client the online message be stored.

Sorry if my initial question was not clear.

Our Tigase version is "tigase-server-7.0.0-SNAPSHOT-b3699"

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

No, mentioned option will force saving on all (not-configured yet) accounts without the need to send any additional stanza by the user. Please try using @required-store-method@.

(1-3/3)