Project

General

Pubsub message archive did not stored

shir Hu
Added about 4 years ago

Hi,

When I use message archiving, I found that the message published did not store in table tig_ma_msgs, Can you tell me if Message Archiving support store pubsub messages? if can , please show the config ,Thx.

Replies (6)

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam about 4 years ago

Right now Tigase Message Archiving is archiving only messages with and not set type attribute or type attribute set to chat or @normal@.

Added by shir Hu about 4 years ago

So you means that it does not surport store pubsub, but how can I ensure each subscriber has received the publish message?

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

I think there is a confusion about 2 or even more things and misunderstanding. Let me explain some terns:

1. Message archiving - this is user's chat history. It has nothing to do with PubSub or MUC, it's just user's private chats archive, which can be turned on or off by a user.

2. Offline messages storage - this is an archive where the server stores messages sent to offline users. User generally cannot turn it on or off, it has limited per user capacity and is flushed empty once a user connects to the server. Then all messages are sent to the user. It does not store PubSub notifications or MUC messages.

3. PubSub repository - is a storage where PubSub stores operational data such as PubSub nodes, items, publications subscribers, configuration etc....

As we now have explained some of the terms, could you please describe your use-case scenario and what you would like to achieve.

I want to publish some import notice, in order to query the history of what item published and who received the item, I hope that there will be a way to store those data. As I know, PubSub repository only store the item we published without who received it.

For example

1.At 7:00AM send item A to node one, subscriber S1,S2 received,

2.At 7:30AM subscriber S1 unSubscirbe node one

3.At 8:00AM send item B to node one

then if I want to know item A who received, there is no way to know.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

I think the Tigase PubSub has a way to do this. Bartek, Andrzej do you have some suggestions?

Is there a way to do this?

(1-6/6)