Project

General

Can't get message archival to work with gajim client

Andrew Trumper
Added over 1 year ago

I'm trying to experiment with tigase's message archival plugin using gajim which claims to support message archival but it's not working. The exchange that seems to fail is this one:

<iq xmlns="jabber:client" from="andrew@andrew/Gajim" type="set" id="886d41d0-e766-48e3-92ab-b6f29aa5821b"><pref xmlns="urn:xmpp:archive"><session otr="concede" save="false" thread="zFvslNeKnrKekWoifnTaUvwgXaRcRAqU" /></pref></iq>
<iq to="andrew@andrew/Gajim" xmlns="jabber:client" type="error" id="886d41d0-e766-48e3-92ab-b6f29aa5821b"><pref xmlns="urn:xmpp:archive"><session otr="concede" thread="zFvslNeKnrKekWoifnTaUvwgXaRcRAqU" save="false"/></pref><error code="501" type="cancel"><feature-not-implemented xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error></iq>

I'm using :

7.1.0-b4379 with the version of the plugin that come with that release.

My config looks like this:

--comp-class-1 = tigase.muc.MUCComponent
--virt-hosts = andrew
--user-db-uri = jdbc:derby:/home/andrew/tigase/tigasedb
--user-db = derby
--admins = admin@andrew
--comp-name-4 = message-archive
--comp-name-3 = proxy
config-type = --gen-config-def
--comp-name-2 = pubsub
--comp-name-1 = muc
--cluster-mode = true
--sm-plugins = +message-archive-xep-0136,+jabber:iq:auth,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind,+urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-session,+jabber:iq:register,+jabber:iq:roster,+jabber:iq:privacy,+jabber:iq:version,+http://jabber.org/protocol/stats,+starttls,+msgoffline,+vcard-temp,+http://jabber.org/protocol/commands,+jabber:iq:private,+urn:xmpp:ping,+basic-filter,+domain-filter,+pep,-zlib
--debug = server
--comp-class-4 = tigase.archive.MessageArchiveComponent
--comp-class-3 = tigase.socks5.Socks5ProxyComponent
--comp-class-2 = tigase.pubsub.PubSubComponent

message-archive/archive-repo-uri=
sess-man/plugins-conf/message-archive-xep-0136/component-jid=message-archive@andrew
sess-man/plugins-conf/message-archive-xep-0136/default-store-method=message
#sess-man/plugins-conf/message-archive-xep-0136/required-store-method=message

--debug=server,xmpp.impl,archive

Any ideas? Where should I start debugging this?

Replies (3)

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam over 1 year ago

This error is being reported by Tigase Message Archiving processor as Gajim tries to set otr to concede while our archiving component support only forbid as there is no support for OTR in Message Archiving component. In forbid state communication is always archived while in concede remote party clould ask to disable archiving and this part is not supported by Tigase Message Archiving.

Added by 连生 张 25 days ago

I have installed tigase_server8.0 and 2.0.0-snapshot version of tigase-message-archiving, but I cannot save the chat record to the database table tig_ma_msgs. However, I can save the chat room record to the tig_muc_room_history table. Is it 8.0

tigase-server
bundle
8.0.0-SNAPSHOT

tigase
tigase-message-archiving
2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam 24 days ago

You are mixing two separate things.
tig_ma_msgs table is used for storing 1-1 chats, while tig_muc_room_history is keeping history of messages exchanged in the particular room.

It is possible to configure Tigase Message Archiving to store messages received from the MUC room by the user with proper configuration of this component - see https://docs.tigase.net/tigase-message-archiving/master-snapshot/Tigase_Message_Archiving_Guide/html/#_configuration_of_automatic_archiving_of_muc_messages

(1-3/3)