Project

General

about tigase monitor

hurry wang
Added over 2 years ago

Hi,

I congfigured tigase --monitoring=JMX:9050 for moniting, I use Jconsole to connect it ,but it can't be connected, here's my configurations like:

tigase.conf:

ENC="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8"

DRV="-Djdbc.drivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver:org.postgresql.Driver:org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"

JMX_REMOTE_IP="-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.5.237"

JAVA_OPTIONS="${GC} ${GC_DEBUG} ${EX} ${ENC} ${DRV} ${JMX_REMOTE_IP} -server ${PRODUCTION_HEAP_SETTINGS} ${DNS_RESOLVER} ${INTERNAL_IP} ${EXTERNAL_I

P} -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=128m "

jmx.access:

xmwang readwrite

Jconsole:

service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://192.168.55.237:9050/jmxrmi

Could you find out the reason about my problem ,Thank you very much.

Replies (8)

Added by hurry wang over 2 years ago

Hi, I try to connect this url (http://192.168.142.241:8080/rest/stats/) to collect the stats of the tigase server but it remind me to input username and password ,so what the account is ,I tried any but failed.!!

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 2 years ago

hurry wang wrote:

Hi,

I congfigured tigase --monitoring=JMX:9050 for moniting, I use Jconsole to connect it ,but it can't be connected, here's my configurations like:

tigase.conf:

ENC="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8"

DRV="-Djdbc.drivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver:org.postgresql.Driver:org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"

JMX_REMOTE_IP="-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=192.168.5.237"

JAVA_OPTIONS="${GC} ${GC_DEBUG} ${EX} ${ENC} ${DRV} ${JMX_REMOTE_IP} -server ${PRODUCTION_HEAP_SETTINGS} ${DNS_RESOLVER} ${INTERNAL_IP} ${EXTERNAL_I

P} -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=128m "

jmx.access:

xmwang readwrite

Jconsole:

service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://192.168.55.237:9050/jmxrmi

Could you find out the reason about my problem ,Thank you very much.

In jconsole simply pass 192.168.55.237:9050 and it will work. Configuring java.rmi.server.hostname is not needed (it's only required if you have installation behind nat or with more complex network configuration).

Does Tigase listen on the configured port after startup?

hurry wang wrote:

Hi, I try to connect this url (http://192.168.142.241:8080/rest/stats/) to collect the stats of the tigase server but it remind me to input username and password ,so what the account is ,I tried any but failed.!!

Any admin endpoint require passing JID and password of any of the user accounts configured as admins - i.e. --admin… in the init.properties.

Thank you for your reply ,

I found tigase is not listening port 9050, I use tigase-server-7.1.0-SNAPSHOT-b4304 ,contains all dependent jars, and I tried versoin tigase-server-7.0.4-b3844-dist-max.tar.gz , but still not listen port 9050.

In addition , I have logined the monitor web application http://192.168.142.241:8080/rest/stats/, but just the main page shown some data, I click the catalog on the left and shows nothing, if it needed some other configuration? (I have uploaded some attachments of the pictures)

hurry wang wrote:

Thank you for your reply ,

I found tigase is not listening port 9050, I use tigase-server-7.1.0-SNAPSHOT-b4304 ,contains all dependent jars, and I tried versoin tigase-server-7.0.4-b3844-dist-max.tar.gz , but still not listen port 9050.

How do you install those? Are there any exceptions? It should normally start listening if you add --monitoring=jmx:9050 to etc/init.properties

hurry wang wrote:

In addition , I have logined the monitor web application http://192.168.142.241:8080/rest/stats/, but just the main page shown some data, I click the catalog on the left and shows nothing, if it needed some other configuration? (I have uploaded some attachments of the pictures)

Have the page finished loading?

Thank you ,

I have solved the issue ,because of I missed the etc/tigase.conf param, and I found another question , I cannot connect the server in used , but I can connect the test server ,they are in the same env ,is there any OS reason cause this problem? By the way ,I can use StatsDumper.groovy script to archive data.

hurry wang wrote:

is there any OS reason cause this problem?

This is quite broad question and there is a number of things that could block the server - check your firewall, routing and other configurations.

Yes , thank you very much ,I think I can fix it .

(1-8/8)