Project

General

sess-man/Authentication timouts question

bin bin
Added over 2 years ago

Hi

I have a question.I use follow command:

'groovy -cp jars/tigase-server.jar StatsDumper.groovy IP address admin password /opt/data/ 9050 5000'

get 'sess-man/Authentication timouts' value from Tigase Server. Now My Tigase Server 'sess-man/Authentication timouts' is 29733 and has been on the increase.

Is there any question my Tigase Server? I am very worried about it.

I read Tigase Doc that means 'sess-man/Authentication timouts' is 'The number of connections that have timed out during the authentication process. Default timeout is 2 minutes.' I am very worried about it.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you

Bin

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 2 years ago

This metric indicate number of connections that has been opened but hasn't completed the authentication (be that SASL or jabber:iq:auth).

Are you by any chance using it behind some sort of firewall and doing a health-check on user-ports (5222,5223,5290)?

Added by bin bin over 2 years ago

Thank you for your reply.

I have been used for monitor software to monitor Tigase ports(5222,8080) inside the firewall.But I also want to monitor tigase related performance.

So I used 'groovy -cp jars/tigase-server.jar StatsDumper.groovy' command to monitor. Now I'd like to confirm with you the Authentication timouts this value has been increasing is normal?

Thank you

Bin

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 2 years ago

In this case it's normal.

(1-3/3)