Project

General

Is it possible to use MUC ACS with none ACS tigase-server?

Igor Khomenko
Added about 4 years ago

Is it possible to use MUC ACS with none ACS tigase-server?

I have just found these jars https://projects.tigase.org/projects/acs/files

and not sure what is tigase-acs-2.0.1-tigase-server-5.2.0-rc1-b65.zip and what is tigase-acs-2.1.0.zip?

Could you please explain a bit

Replies (7)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

ACS-MUC component requires ACS server.

As for the files - those are simply subsequent versions of the component/clustering strategy. Right now they are all bundle in the Tigase releases.

Added by Igor Khomenko about 4 years ago

Where I can find ACS server jar?

I have downloaded latest bundle

https://projects.tigase.org/projects/tigase-server/files tigase-server-5.2.2-b3463-dist-max.tar.gz

and found 3 acs files:

• tigase-acs.jar

• tigase-acs-muc.jar

• tigase-acs.jar

but tigase server is the origin one tigase-server.jar

ACS stands for Advanced Clustering Strategy. Tigase itself is highly customizable and you can configure custom strategy (apart from the default one) - one of such is ACS. Code of this strategy is contained in the tigase-acs.jar binary (not the @tigase-server.jar@).

Ok, so to use this Advanced Clustering Strategy we have to add tigase-acs.jar if we use only tigase server and tigase-acs-muc.jar if we use also MUC component, correct?

Other question is as I understand there is no any default 'true' clustering strategy for MUC component where we can have MUC component enabled on each node to have HA because tigase components don’t support the cluster mode yet and the only one way is to use tigase-acs-muc?

Does tigase-acs-muc support the 'true' cluster mode?

Igor Khomenko wrote:

Ok, so to use this Advanced Clustering Strategy we have to add tigase-acs.jar if we use only tigase server and tigase-acs-muc.jar if we use also MUC component, correct?

Yes, this is correct.

Other question is as I understand there is no any default 'true' clustering strategy for MUC component where we can have MUC component enabled on each node to have HA because tigase components don’t support the cluster mode yet and the only one way is to use tigase-acs-muc?

This is also correct. Before ACS-MUC the recommended solution was to either use VirtualComponent (which would forward all traffic to one node, no HA) or deploy MUC as external component.

Does tigase-acs-muc support the 'true' cluster mode?

Yes, there are also various strategies available, which are described in the wiki: Tigase ACS MUC Configuration

Thanks,

and one final question - with MUC ACS, MUC works also as an external component in cluster?

Or is it possible to cluster it as is, with tigase server?

ACS MUC works internally hence you deploy Tigase as usual without any external configuration, you include MUC in your configuration (with ACS enabled and MUCClustered as class) and that's it.

(1-7/7)