Project

General

XMPPClient connection stopped.

naveen prasad
Added over 1 year ago

I tried to create a connection using my JID and password, but getting this error.

XMPPClient starting connection......

SocketConnector connecting to server: domain name

SocketConnector got dns records: []

XMPPDNSSrvResolver dns returned code: 0 for _xmpp-client._tcp. at domain name

SocketConnector connecting to: domain name 5222

2017-06-21 17:11:42.868308+0530 Test[59564:358500] [] nw_connection_get_connected_socket_block_invoke 1 Connection has no connected handler

SocketConnector stream event: ErrorOccurred: Optional(Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=2 "(null)" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, kCFGetAddrInfoFailureKey=8})

SocketConnector stream event: ErrorOccurred: Optional(Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=2 "(null)" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=12, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=8, kCFGetAddrInfoFailureKey=8})

SocketConnector onStreamTerminate called... state: connecting

SessionObject removing properties for scopes [TigaseSwift.SessionObject.Scope.stream]

XMPPClient connection stopped......

Why does this happen? Please help.

Replies (7)

Added by Andrzej Wójcik IoT 1 CloudTigaseTeam over 1 year ago

TigaseSwift uses DNS resolution to get the IP address of XMPP server to which it needs to connect. Unfortunately, the operating system on which you were running TigaseSwift based client was not able to resolve domain name siliconvalleycloudit.dipper.io to an IP address.

Added by naveen prasad over 1 year ago

How can we resolve this?

You should properly configure your DNS servers for domain siliconvalleycloudit.dipper.io to:

• point siliconvalleycloudit.dipper.io to IP address of your XMPP server

or

• add SRV records pointing to IP address of your XMPP server for:

• _xmpp-client._tcp.siliconvalleycloudit.dipper.io
    • _xmpp-server._tcp.siliconvalleycloudit.dipper.io

Actually, our domain is customised.

Earlier, we were working using a third party framework for connecting to Tigase Server. In that, we need to specify the Hostname, Port, JID and Password for creating a connection. That's getting now.

When we tried using TigaseSwift Library( http://docs.tigase.org/tigase-swift/snapshot/Tigase_Swift_Guide/html/ ), we had only option to give JID and password. But while connecting, the connection gets stopped.

After that, I tried by adding my Hostname in the Connection configuration. Still, the connection stopped issue persists.

What do you mean by

Actually, our domain is customised.

Is it unresolvable? Are DNS servers pointing to your XMPP server when queried for this domain?

Our Team name is Nextplane.I can't give all the details in this forum. I had emailed Artur Hefczyc to give our domain details to you.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 1 year ago

Naveen,

You can use your company private area to request our team help: https://projects.tigase.org/projects/nextplane

(1-7/7)