Project

General

Enable Stream Management from web messenger

nurnabi siddique
Added almost 5 years ago

Hi,

i got you have developed a new xep-198 for stream resumption. From browser i am using bosh connection manager to setup connection with tigase. Already developed webxmpp api like Strophe has attach method to reconnect with existing session. so is it possible to use stream resumption for browser client? what is the difference?

Replies (3)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

I think you are talking about a different thing. You are talking about creating a Bosh session before a Bosh client connects. Then you would like to connect the Bosh client to a created earlier Bosh session. This has nothing to do with stream resumption and this is not yet implemented in Tigase. However, we are planning to add support for it within next few weeks.

You will be able to create a Bosh session using REST API call and pass the connection details to your Bosh client so it can attach to existing Bosh session.

Added by nurnabi siddique almost 5 years ago

i am not clear from your answer. you told "You are talking about creating a Bosh session before a Bosh client connects." can not understand it

1. what is stream resumption?

if any client connect with server and lost his connection,later client can resume his session (within 30 s or 60 s). one more thing lost connection means just the loss of tcp connection or session lost?

1. Bosh Connection Manager

when any client from browser connect with tigase server,a bosh session created for the client.after logged in if i close the browser, store sid,rid,jid and for next opening of browser within 30s browser can attach with previous bosh session right?.

so i want to know this behavior of current bosh connection manager is same like stream resumption that you described or xep-0198 saying?.

1. sometimes when we try to attach previous bosh session we get 404 invalid sid. is it possible avoid this error?.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

nurnabi siddique wrote:

i am not clear from your answer. you told "You are talking about creating a Bosh session before a Bosh client connects." can not understand it

1. what is stream resumption?

if any client connect with server and lost his connection,later client can resume his session (within 30 s or 60 s). one more thing lost connection means just the loss of tcp connection or session lost?

If the stream management extension - XEP-0198 is not enabled then lost TCP/IP connection means the session is lost and the client has to reconnect, authenticate, get roster, set presence etc....

If the stream management extension - XEP-0198 is enabled than if TCP/IP connection is lost the client has certain time (30 or 60 secs) to reconnect and attach to the old session, no authentication is necessary and other stuff.

1. Bosh Connection Manager

when any client from browser connect with tigase server,a bosh session created for the client.after logged in if i close the browser, store sid,rid,jid and for next opening of browser within 30s browser can attach with previous bosh session right?.

Yes, this is correct.

so i want to know this behavior of current bosh connection manager is same like stream resumption that you described or xep-0198 saying?.

No, the Bosh connection manager is different from XEP-0198. The Bosh is described in a different XEP and has different protocol requirements. It is similar but not the same.

1. sometimes when we try to attach previous bosh session we get 404 invalid sid. is it possible avoid this error?.

When the timeout runs our the Bosh session is no longer there, hence the 404 error. You could increase the inactivity timeout on Bosh server but it is not recommended.

(1-3/3)