Project

General

clustering tigase server

nurnabi siddique
Added almost 5 years ago

Dear ALtruists,

i want to know how to cluster tigase server. particularly what will be the configuration for clustering. again how to share  a single database among cluster server. again if user1 registered with domain1 and user2 registered with domain2, user1 able to chat with user2? 

Replies (7)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

With the latest version 5.2.0 setting up clustering is very easy and comes down to enabling cluster mode by adding:

--cluster-mode = true

to init.properties (v. --cluster-mode in our documentation). Starting with that version it's not necessary to configure cluster nodes as those will be discovered automatically (however, it's crucial to correctly configure machine hostname!).

Database configuration should be the same on all nodes, i.e. one database will be shared between all nodes thus all registered users will be able to talk to each other.

Added by nurnabi siddique almost 5 years ago

for clustering, domain may stay on different ip?

I don't understand. Do you want to have each VHost on separate cluster node? It's possible but then you somewhat end up with regular federation and server-to-server connectivity...

lets say

domain1.com :192.168.1.120

domain2.com :192.168.1.121

--cluster-nodes: domain1.com,domain2.com

both nodes run tigase server

this scenario will work for tigase

OK, once more - if you have separate, distinct domains you don't need clustering at all. If you have properly configured Tigase (and NOT disable s2s connectivity) then without clustering your users will still be able to chat to each other.

Why do you want do separate your domains (VHosts) on each machine?

basically, i am planning for load balancing clustering to increase scallablity of tigase server?can you tell me how to do it? can you give a complete configuration with examples?

I my opinion the best option would be to stick to build in Tigase clustering and back it up with round robin DNS configuration.

In principle:

• configure a DNS (SRV records) for all desired domains to point to all configured tigase cluster nodes (good idea would be to use a cname domain as a middle point)

• enable clustering (@--cluster-mode=true@) on all desired tigase cluster nodes with common database configuration and common VHost list (however, VHosts - domains, are also stored in the database and can be modified/added later on without restart)

The rest will be automatic.

(1-7/7)