Project

General

forward chat message to another enttity

nurnabi siddique
Added about 5 years ago

let thinks a scenario user1 and user2 chatting with each other. i have a third user jid. i want to send conversation between user1 and user2 to user3. is it possible?i know there may have conference but we do not want to implement at client side.

Replies (3)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 5 years ago

As far as I know there is no protocol/extension in XMPP for this yet. The best way to achieve this, would be to use either MUC or PubSub for the chat between user1 and user2, then a third or forth, fifth, .... user can either join or participate in the chat or receive conversation history.

Otherwise, if you do not want to use either MUC or PubSub, you need to implement some custom stuff. Maybe you could use our message archive plus some custom code.

Added by nurnabi siddique about 5 years ago

we are trying to develop a system where admin able to monitor all conversation of their operator. operator may chat with visitor so all conversation between operator and visitor should be visible. if you say about message archive plugin, how much it will be costly operation for server? again here have to know user's presence information whom i want to forward.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 5 years ago

nurnabi siddique wrote:

we are trying to develop a system where admin able to monitor all conversation of their operator. operator may chat with visitor so all conversation between operator and visitor should be visible. if you say about message archive plugin, how much it will be costly operation for server? again here have to know user's presence information whom i want to forward.

For this scenario, I think the best option would be for you to use MUC (or PubSub). User1 and User2 can talk to each other in MUC room. The MUC component can record discussion in DB.

This gives you a few advantages:

1. You can see the discussion directly from DB, so you can create some kind of a web UI which can load conversation from DB and display it on a web

2. You can let the user3 to joint the MUC room and directly see the discussion online without recording it to DB (or you can record it anyway for archival purposes)

3. I am not sure if our current MUC allows for invisible users. If this is available you could make the user3 invisible when it joins MUC room, so user1 and user2 do not see user3 but he could see user1 and user2 and all the conversation.

4. If the MUC room invisibility is not possible with our MUC now, it should be quite easy to add this feature.

(1-3/3)