Project

General

jmx monitor remote

Dawn Dou
Added over 4 years ago

hello:

In our production env, there are no graphic and can not ssh to the tigase server directly. For monitor the tigase, we have to access the jmx port from internet.

for exmaple, tigase server is in the interal network and has the IP: 192.168.1.1 and one F5 router will convert to public address 10.1.1.1, so when we use tigase monitor from local computer to connect the 10.1.1.1, the connection will established but the monitor do not display anything and in the log will display connection timeout.

after trace, we found the tigase server will direct the local monitor to connecting 192.168.1.1 9050 and so there will no chance to connect.

How i config in such env?

Thx.

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

If I understood you correctly then this seems more like the routing configuration issue - because even though you are in the local network and have JMX available only from the outside and you try to connect using the external IP connectivity ends up in such a way that the connection is tried to be established as a local one.

Alternative solution - enable local connectivity using JMX.

Added by Dawn Dou over 4 years ago

Excuse me my poor English. I will explain more detail:

In my production env, I set up one tigase cluster and enabled the jmx function. I also downloaded the tigase monitor module for monitoring the tigase cluster. When I am setting up the monitor, we found there are no graphic env(such as X window or gnome) to support the monitor for running. So I have to deploy the tigase monitor on my local computer(win7 X64) but I found that the monitor can not connect to the tigase directly, which means that if i want to ssh to the tigase cluster, i must ssh to one gate server first and then ssh to the tigase server from the gate server.

I can access the internet from my local computer, so i config the tigase cluster jmx port to a internet port and want to run monitor from internet address, but it's no success.

Local Computer(Monitor app)->Internet->F5->Tigase cluster

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

Dawn Dou wrote:

I can access the internet from my local computer, so i config the tigase cluster jmx port to a internet port and want to run monitor from internet address, but it's no success.

How did you you configured the tigase cluster jmx port?

Could you try instructions from JMX wiki page and configure remote IP of JMX service with following configuration

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=NNN.NNN.NNN.NNN

(1-3/3)