Project

General

Tigase-muc gmaven error

Gureen Ryuu
Added almost 5 years ago

Hello all. I've downloaded tigase-muc from git clone https://repository.tigase.org/git/tigase-muc.git

When I try to run a maven build in eclipse, using a "clean install" goal, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute (gitver) on project tigase-muc: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "git": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute (gitver) on project tigase-muc: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "git": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I dug around the POM file and found the following errors:

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute 
 (execution: gitver, phase: validate)

and this:

Error(s) found in manifest configuration (org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:2.4.0:bundle:default-
 bundle:package)

The error that I get when I try to build is the following, even though I have git installed..

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute (gitver) on project tigase-muc: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "git": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.5:execute (gitver) on project tigase-muc: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "git": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:216)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:108)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:76)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
    at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:116)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:361)
    at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:155)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:584)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:213)
    at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:157)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

There were similar topic a while back solution was to install git plugin in eclipse. I've also updated maven configuration so in case of issues with missing git executable (either in system or some IDE misconfiguration) it won't break the build.

Added by Gureen Ryuu almost 5 years ago

That was what I assumed as well, but doesn't git come installed with eclipse as egit? It's in the Installed tab in the eclipse marketplace as EGit..

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 5 years ago

No, egit provides git capabilities for eclipse but it's not available when you are building from maven.

(1-3/3)