Project

General

Stream Management is not available on official tigase.im

Matthew M
Added over 4 years ago

I am trying to test Stream Management via PSI, with tigase server 5.2.0 final.

C: <enable xmlns='urn:xmpp:sm:3'/>
S: <enabled xmlns="urn:xmpp:sm:3"/>
C: <r xmlns='urn:xmpp:sm:3'/>

// no response from server....

The client never receive a response back from the server, no matter the client has previously sent a message or not.

I am trying to test it with official tigase.im server with PSI, to make sure there is no bad configurations on my local tigase instance, but tigase.im does not have it enabled:

C: <enable xmlns='urn:xmpp:sm:3'/>

S:
<enable xmlns="urn:xmpp:sm:3" type="error" to="user01@tigase.im/zenith">
<error type="cancel" code="501">
<feature-not-implemented xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/>
<text xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" xml:lang="en">Feature not supported yet.</text>
</error>
</enable>

What's the current version running on tigase.im ? It would be great if you could enable this important feature on tigase.im and we could test our client with the standard tigase server instance...

Many thanks!

Replies (1)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

Apparently is is not enabled on tigase.im. I have added a ticket to enabled it as soon as possible: #2070

Thank you for letting us know about the problem.

I added you to watchers for the ticket, so you will know when the task is completed and stream management activated.

Actually, it is quite easy to check whether SM is activated on XMPP server. You have to look at stream features returned from the server. If stream management is enabled you should see something like this:

<stream:features>
<sm xmlns="urn:xmpp:sm:3"/>

(1-1/1)