Project

General

Tigase cluster mode, we have the error when try to connect to the server.

Dmitry Anatolievich
Added over 4 years ago

Hello, guys.

We use cluster mode of Tigase.

We add new domain (imtest.com), using Ad-hoc command comp-repo-item-add.

But when we try to connect through Psi to Tigase server (to user postmaster), we have the message: tigase.png (at the attachment).

It is Psi console log: Psi_log.txt

It is init.properties file: init.properties

Why it happens?

We noticed, that when we add new domain, the .pem file isn't created at the certs folder automatically. But it is required.

At the same time, when we do the same operations at the Tigase server without cluster mode, we have no this problem. We can connect to server through Psi.

Thx.

tigase.png (16.9 KB) tigase.png Message with error.
Psi_log.txt (975 Bytes) Psi_log.txt Psi console log.
init.properties (2.03 KB) init.properties File init.properties.

Replies (4)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

What version of the Tigase XMPP Server do you use? Earlier versions of Tigase required to execute the command on each cluster node. We have improved this in recent versions, so this might be one of the reasons for your problems. You may add the domain on one cluster node and then connect a user to a different cluster node (if you use the older version).

The .pem is not created at the time when you add a new domain. It is created when it is first needed, that is when there is a first TLS connection made for this domain, but you have to make sure that Tigase has write permissions to the folder where it stores .pem files.

Added by Dmitry Anatolievich over 4 years ago

Hello, Artur.

Thx for your reply.

We use version: tigase-server-5.2.2

You wrote: Earlier versions of Tigase required to execute the command on each cluster node.

But we noticed, when we add new domain, Psi sends to server command comp-repo-item-add. This command (as i see from Psi console) has many fields, and one of them is:

_

true

_

So, I think, in our case we don't need execute command for each node. Because this field says the server to add domain to each node. Right?

If not, please, say, how can i execute the command on each cluster node?

We checked the permissions: Tigase has RW permissions on certs folder.

When domain is created, .pem is not created. We tried to connect to domain, and we had this at the Tigase log: Tigase_log.txt.

Thx.

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

From the log file, it looks like a problem with generating self-signed certificate. I wonder if this a problem with installation - missing library, JDK version or something like this. Could you double check if you have the same exact environment on the single installation on which it works to the cluster installation?

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

Dmitry, please try removing following from your configuration:

--ssl-container-class=tigase.io.SSLContextContainer

(1-4/4)