Project

General

ACS - changed package name?

Steffen Larsen
Added over 4 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm using the 5.3.0 -development branch on the server side, and tried to change the clustering strategy to ACS. What I get now is this:

2014-11-05 09:10:08.370 [main]             ModulesManagerImpl.forName()       WARNING:  You are using old name for SM clustering strategy in property --sm-cluster-strategy-class
You are using name: tigase.cluster.strategy.OnlineUsersCachingStrategy
 while name: tigase.server.cluster.strategy.OnlineUsersCachingStrategy should be used.
2014-11-05 09:10:08.373 [main]             SessionManagerClustered.getDefaults()  SEVERE: Can not instantiate clustering strategy for class: tigase.cluster.strategy.OnlineUsersCachingStrategy
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: tigase.server.cluster.strategy.OnlineUsersCachingStrategy

I am probably using an old tigase.acs, I do not know which version. So what ligase-server version is compatible with which ligase-acs jar?

I assume that some interfaces and others might have changed as well or?

Replies (7)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

You should use latest tigase-server and latest tigase-acs. We switched to the more canonical repository scheme (master for development, sorry for confusion) so please try master branch. Latest versions of the libraries can be found on nightlies server

Added by Steffen Larsen over 4 years ago

Ok, a couple of questions

• how do i know which ACS is working with which server. its not one-to-one in version. so yes the latest of each will work, but how about the branches (stable versions)?

• And our broadcast things is that on the master branch? It seems so after digging into the repo.

• How about the stable branches? is the release of 5.3.x out soon with the broadcast fix?

Sorry about the many questions, but its quite vital questions to keep a stable environment. :-)

Cheers!

/Steffen

We use tigase-server-5.3.0-285c1771 here. So which ACS jar works with that?

Steffen Larsen wrote:

• how do i know which ACS is working with which server. its not one-to-one in version. so yes the latest of each will work, but how about the branches (stable versions)?

As master is development branch then latest will always work. Remaining branches (stable and old-stable) will have proper counterparts (however, not accessible, you will need to use maven and acs versions configured there or use complete stable release).

• And our broadcast things is that on the master branch? It seems so after digging into the repo.

Yes, everything was merged back to master.

• How about the stable branches? is the release of 5.3.x out soon with the broadcast fix?

Next stable version is due in about 2 months.

Steffen Larsen wrote:

We use tigase-server-5.3.0-285c1771 here. So which ACS jar works with that?

Given that this commit was made on 2014-09-21 then following nightlies should match: http://build.tigase.org/nightlies/dists/2014-09-21/

Perfect. That was exactly the answer I needed.

Thanks Wojciech! :-)

BTW: I can see that the latest nightly the version is bumped to 7.x.x. Is it because of OSGI and nosql db changes? or?

Steffen Larsen wrote:

BTW: I can see that the latest nightly the version is bumped to 7.x.x. Is it because of OSGI and nosql db changes? or?

I can confirm that the next version will have a bigger version bump.

Ok thanks! :-)

(1-7/7)