Project

General

Can I run tigase-server with oracle database?

xu zhang
Added over 4 years ago

Can I run tigase-server with oracle database? Where to get create-db sql script for oracle?

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 4 years ago

Currently we don't support oracle database. For now only MySQL, Derby, PostgreSQL and MS SQL is supported.

Added by Raymond Sellars about 3 years ago

Hi

Out of interest is there any technical reason to for not supporting Oracle? Or just business selection choice thats been made, appreciate can't cover everything.

If as a client I branch would it be feasible to implement an Oracle port? Or is this something not recommended as a simply task. We're have a relatively strong java base and oracle knowledge. Although it appears Tigase doesn't utilise hibernate (not an issue).

Context to my question is that a fair percentage of our client base and associated product stack runs on Oracle so mixing DB technologies always raises consistency/support questions. Clients like Oracle and MS SQL with their commercial support and knowledge, and typically existing server install base.

Thanks

Raymond

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

There is no technical limitations - it wasn't simply required previously.

Of course we could add support for the Oracle database - if you would be interested please contact us using details from http://tigase.net/contact and we will answer promptly.

(1-3/3)