Project

General

Roster cache sync with DB

Juan Ignacio Paz
Added almost 4 years ago

Hi all, i have a question about how is manage the sync between the roster in cache and the roster in DB.

I saw that sometimes when you do a change in your roster for example deleting a user, in DB is not updated inmediately.

We customize a lot of processes and sometimes we have to update the roster directly in the DB.

If then the roster in cache overwrites the one in DB we will be losing the new info.

Do you have any documentation about how is manage the roster in cache and when/how is sync with DB?

Thanks a lot.

Replies (1)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

Juan Ignacio Paz wrote:

Hi all, i have a question about how is manage the sync between the roster in cache and the roster in DB.

I saw that sometimes when you do a change in your roster for example deleting a user, in DB is not updated inmediately.

We customize a lot of processes and sometimes we have to update the roster directly in the DB.

If then the roster in cache overwrites the one in DB we will be losing the new info.

If this modifications are done on per-user basis then better option may be to use the admin ad-hoc scripts (v UserRosterManagement.groovy or UserRosterManagementExt.groovy - they can be accessed either via XMPP connection or executed over HTTP REST API). If those additional contacts are more generic then using DynamicRoster may be even better option

Do you have any documentation about how is manage the roster in cache and when/how is sync with DB?

Currently this is not documented.

(1-1/1)