Project

General

MUC in cluster mode

Ganesh Krishnan
Added almost 4 years ago

Does MUC need extra configuration for clusters? I have setup MUC cluster with three server and when clients logon to different servers they cannot see each others messages.

It works perfectly fine when I keep only one server in the cluster alive.

Replies (5)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

For MUC clustering you need Tigase ACS component: https://projects.tigase.org/projects/acs

Please note, this is our commercial component (not open source). You can use it for free for development and testing purposes, however, production systems require license payment.

There are some free alternatives though, such as a MUC with virtual component or MUC as an external component setups. This does not give you full clustering capabilities with redundancy but would allow you to correctly use MUC in clustered environment.

Added by Ganesh Krishnan almost 4 years ago

I have forked and modified the MUC component. Do you reckon I can still use my modified MUC component with the ACS component?

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

It's impossible to tell for sure. It all depends on what kind of changes and how extensive they are.

Added by Ganesh Krishnan almost 4 years ago

does the commercial version include source code of ACS?

My muc modifications include removing the ghostbuster and making sure client is not ejected when he is inactive. These are in the modules that MUCComponent loads. So if MUCComponentClustered loads the same modules my changes would work as is.

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

ACS MUC is build on top of regular MUC component so it uses same modules so if you only removed the ghostbuster code it should work.

However, you can simply set:

muc/ghostbuster-enabled[B]=false

to disable ghostbuster instead of removing the code.

(1-5/5)