Project

General

Regarding bug fix #2693 target release

Vinoth Rajendran
Added about 4 years ago

Hi,

I am using Tigase server v5.2.3 and facing this issue #2693 right now. In what target release this bug is fixed?

For group chat message delivery receipts, can I use XEP-0079 or can you suggest any other protocol?

Replies (1)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam about 4 years ago

Vinoth Rajendran wrote:

Hi,

I am using Tigase server v5.2.3 and facing this issue #2693 right now. In what target release this bug is fixed?

The status of the ticket says it was fixed a month ago. To have the fix you need to switch to more recent version of the Tigase server software.

For group chat message delivery receipts, can I use XEP-0079 or can you suggest any other protocol?

Generally MUC does not allow for any extra payload to pass through the component. In Tigase case it depends on the MUC component configuration

You need to adjust the MUC configuration in order to let the extra payload get to the other side clients. However, in my opinion message delivery receipts are of a very little use in case of group chat. Because, if a user sends a message and there are 1,000 other users in the MUC room, the user can get 1,000 message delivery confirmations which seems kind of pointless. And what the client is supposed to do if there are only 995 message delivery receipts received?

(1-1/1)