Project

General

Import/Export Users

Fernando Augusto Cruz Schorwer
Added over 3 years ago

Hi, I am working since very little time with Tigase and for my actual project, I need export and import the Users information. Then my issue is to know, if is possible do the Import/Export the User information in a .xml file and how I can do this?

Thanks in Advance

Best Reagards

/Fernando

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

What kind of user information do you intend to import? Only usernames and passwords or some additional data? Where the data comes from?

There are a couple of importers but they only support

• jabberd 2.2.x

• ejabberd 2.x ODBC

• OpenFire 3.6.x

and they haven't been tested in a while, but they can serve as a good example/base. You can also write your own groovy script which would use Tigase database API (v. Tigase DB Schema Explained) and insert data in desired way.

Added by Fernando Augusto Cruz Schorwer over 3 years ago

Hi, thanks for your response, punctually, I need to export users, passwords and friendships from a OpenFire server. Using OpenFire is possible create a .xml with the information, but I need to know if is possible import the xml of Openfire to Tigase, I do not understand how to use the importers, I am very novice using Tigase, and still I don´t know where is saved the User Information.

Best Regards

/Fernando

-----Mensaje original-----

De: support@tigase.org [mailto:support@tigase.org]

Enviado el: viernes, 15 de mayo de 2015 4:23

Asunto: [Tigase XMPP Server - Tigase server development - msg5040] RE: Import/Export Users

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

Fernando Augusto Cruz Schorwer wrote:

Hi, thanks for your response, punctually, I need to export users, passwords and friendships from a OpenFire server. Using OpenFire is possible create a .xml with the information, but I need to know if is possible import the xml of Openfire to Tigase

Converter itself should access OpenFire database directly so there shouldn't be a need to export data.

I do not understand how to use the importers, I am very novice using Tigase, and still I don´t know where is saved the User Information.

User information will be save to Tigase database schema, which should be created first. Looking at the converter code it's possible it won't work because it references old tigase configuration (as I mentioned it hasn't been tested for a long time now) so it may require some adjustments. In case there has been changes to the OpenFire schema it's possible to use generic Feeder importer and provide custom SQL queries for retrieval user information.

(1-3/3)