Project

General

Unable to resolve class

Luca Stucchi
Added over 3 years ago

Hi there,

I am experiencing a little problem with a class that is not found. In my tigase-console.log I get

Script41.groovy: 35: unable to resolve class tigase.vhosts.DomainFilterPolicy
 @ line 35, column 1.
   import tigase.vhosts.DomainFilterPolicy

1 error

at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ErrorCollector.failIfErrors(ErrorCollector.java:309)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToSourceUnits(CompilationUnit.java:927)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:575)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:524)
        at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:279)
        at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:258)
        at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:244)
        at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:202)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.getScriptClass(GroovyScriptEngineImpl.java:368)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.compile(GroovyScriptEngineImpl.java:174)
        at tigase.server.script.Script.init(Script.java:121)

I am using a 7.1.0 snapshot tigase-server.jar compiled in my environment, while the other jars are from a 7.0.1 installation.

Could the fact of having two different version cause a problem like this ?

How could I get all of the jars for a 7.1.0, even a snapshot since a stable version was not released yet ?

Thanks in advance,

Luca

Replies (3)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

Luca Stucchi wrote:

Hi there,

I am experiencing a little problem with a class that is not found. In my tigase-console.log I get

unable to resolve class tigase.vhosts.DomainFilterPolicy

As you can see in the repository such class do exists, however it has moved from tigase.vhosts.DomainFilterPolicy to tigase.vhosts.filter.DomainFilterPolicy

I am using a 7.1.0 snapshot tigase-server.jar compiled in my environment, while the other jars are from a 7.0.1 installation.

Could the fact of having two different version cause a problem like this ?

This shouldn't matter in this particular case (vide above - missing class comes from the tigase-server so it should be included in the binary). However it may happen that you are maybe not on the latest sources or you are trying to execute old script with incorrect package (I've just checked and there are none in the repository referencing @tigase.vhosts.DomainFilterPolicy@)

How could I get all of the jars for a 7.1.0, even a snapshot since a stable version was not released yet ?

What do you mean? Complete packages are available in the nightlies website, maven snapshots are published in the maven snapshot repository

Added by Luca Stucchi over 3 years ago

Thank you Wojciech,

everything is clearer now, and I am going to use the nightly website to download everything I need !

Thank you so much,

Luca

Added by Luca Stucchi over 3 years ago

Let me confirm it, using the latest version the error that I reported is no longer present !

Thanks again,

Luca

(1-3/3)