Project

General

My test result in PSI stat

Xuan Zhou
Added almost 4 years ago

to see my stat result by PSI, What does it mean ?

Replies (11)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

xuan zhou wrote:

to see my stat result by PSI, What does it mean ?

what are you referring to? any guide? functionality?

Added by Xuan Zhou almost 4 years ago

I don't understand the meaning of the four in my cut image.

c2s/open connections - number of established socket connections in the connection manager (c2s)

sess-man/open connections - number of distinguish users (JID) connected

sess-man/user sessions - each user (JID) can have more than one resource connection established (resources) therefore there may be more user sessions

sess-man/authentication timeouts - number of times when user established the connection to the server but wasn't able to authenticate the session within set time (default is 2 minutes) after establishing socket connection.

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

c2s/open connections - number of established socket connections in the connection manager (c2s)

sess-man/open connections - number of distinguish users (JID) connected

sess-man/user sessions - each user (JID) can have more than one resource connection established (resources) therefore there may be more user sessions

sess-man/authentication timeouts - number of times when user established the connection to the server but wasn't able to authenticate the session within set time (default is 2 minutes) after establishing socket connection.

I hope tigase can support 500000 users, how can I configure?

This depends on the configuration of the machine but on the average config (16G of memory and 4 core cpu) Tigase should be able to handle very roughly 100k-200k concurrent users connections. It's also preferable to use clustering for scalability.

Wojciech Kapcia wrote:

This depends on the configuration of the machine but on the average config (16G of memory and 4 core cpu) Tigase should be able to handle very roughly 100k-200k concurrent users connections. It's also preferable to use clustering for scalability.

if i want 500k concurrent users todo connect -> auth -> get roster -> add roster -> send online message -> send offline message -> disconnect that do I need a special configuration ?

You need to adjust underlying operating system configuration, e.g. Linux Settings for High Load Systems

I've done that!

Is there a problem with my test plan?

It depends on the:

• establishing connection time (limitation of possible number of opened connections per second)

• performance of database.

OK! Now I have another question: should I configure the init.properties file if I want 500,000 users online send message ?

Or can you tell me how to configure it ?!

(1-11/11)