Project

General

Exploring possibility to integrate Tigase with our product

Neeraj Vora
Added over 3 years ago

Hello,

We have a complex software product related to benefits administration and I am looking to explore integrating Tigase within our product to provide chat functionality. I have a few questions.

1) Is there an API jar I can integrate with our Java based software?

2) Can Tigase installation be part of our product installation?

3) Is it free and open source licensed allowed to be integrated with a commercial software product?

4) Does it need its own database or can it store the conversations into our product database?

5) Does it work in clustered environment?

6) Does it have managed queues functionality for customer service chat? For e.g. there could be one or more representatives listening on the queue and when free they can take the next customer service chat request?

7) How easy would it be for us to provide authenticated user information from our software application to Tigase so the users don’t have two sets of logins.

Replies (1)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

Neeraj Vora wrote:

1) Is there an API jar I can integrate with our Java based software?

In what way you want to integrate it? Tigase is a XMPP server and as such can be accessed/connected over such protocol.

2) Can Tigase installation be part of our product installation?

3) Is it free and open source licensed allowed to be integrated with a commercial software product?

I guess this is more a licensing question. Tigase is available under AGPLv3 (vide http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html).

4) Does it need its own database or can it store the conversations into our product database?

Tigase is very flexible in this area. Tigase schema can be stored in any supported database.

5) Does it work in clustered environment?

Yes, clustering is build in into core of Tigase.

6) Does it have managed queues functionality for customer service chat? For e.g. there could be one or more representatives listening on the queue and when free they can take the next customer service chat request?

No, such functionality is not available out of the box. Tigase provides extensive support for XMPP protocol and above is not covered by any available specification related to it. Particular functionality can be build on top of existing protocols (MUC for example).

7) How easy would it be for us to provide authenticated user information from our software application to Tigase so the users don’t have two sets of logins.

Tigase can easily be integrated with virtually any existing authentication source, either by adjusting SQL queries used for authentication or creating completely new AuthenticationRepository implementation, vide: http://docs.tigase.org/tigase-server/7.0.0/Administration_Guide/html/#_custom_authentication_connectors

(1-1/1)