Project

General

c2s/Socket overflow is very serious

lucys ksisl
Added almost 4 years ago

the tigase monitor show the overflow is very serious,

"c2s/Socket overflow=6227",but the cpu is so low (4% usage),is there something wrong? Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance

my os is centos6.0

tigase version is 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT

AllAtatistLog.txt (125 KB) AllAtatistLog.txt AllStatistLog

Replies (3)

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam almost 4 years ago

That is usually a result of insufficient network performance. This may be caused by many factors such as low I/O settings for the VM, slow network performance in general. Or it may also happen if you try to transfer a lot of data on a single client connection. Default Tigase configuration is prepared for a typical XMPP system, that is a lot of long lasting TCP/IP connections with relatively low traffic on each connection.

Added by lucys ksisl almost 4 years ago

Thanks very mush for your reply,As you mentioned,In my tigase system, All the message send by the proxy,

and the proxy use the Specified number of accounts. So all the message send from the special account(about 50 accounts),

If that's the reason of the problem,could you give some advice ,what shoud I do to support this scenarios.

change some config ? or change some source code?

waiting for you help! Thanks advance!

Added by Artur Hefczyc TigaseTeam over 3 years ago

A single client connection throughput is very low. It is designed this way as that's a typical XMPP use-case. People open connections and relatively rarely send something on the connection. So the throughput of the connection is not an issue. In your use-case however, you need to increase throughput. The first thing to do is to increase network buffers for client connections. This should improve situation significantly:

1. http://docs.tigase.org/tigase-server/snapshot/Properties_Guide/webhelp/netBuffStandard.html

Let me know if that helps. There might be other settings useful.

(1-3/3)