Project

General

Conversejs client is not recieving the notification

Abhinav Gupta
Added about 3 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am using the tigase 7.0.2 server with the pidgin and conversejs as a client.

When i try to use the BroadcastToOnline.groovy script of the tclmt client, i can push the notifications for the clients on pidgin but when the client logged in to conversejs is not recieving the broadcast message.

WHat could be the issue.

Can please anyone suggest anything.

My requirement is like this that i need the notification for the web using conversejs or any other javascript based client.

I was able to successfully send messages to the pidgin client using the command below,

vostro@vostro-Vostro-3546:~/tigase/tclmt$ sh bin/tclmt.sh -u admin@blackbuck -p tigase announce

Nov 18, 2015 6:23:34 PM tigase.xml.db.XMLDB setupNewDB

INFO: Create empty DB.

Subject:admin

:

awaiting response...

Note

Operation successful

Thanks

Abhinav

Replies (4)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Is the conversejs client even connecting? Can you send messages to that client from pidgin?

It looks like Tigase is operating correctly (it does send the notifications), the problem is with the converse client.

Added by Abhinav Gupta about 3 years ago

Any Suggestions where to look for...

Added by Daniel Wisnewski IoT 1 Cloud about 3 years ago

You can enable some more debug options and see where the packets are going, I'm not familiar with converse, but if it is like Psi, you can enable XML console and see what is coming to the client in raw, you should see if Tigase is passing stanzas to you, and what. Sometimes, some clients will discard stanzas they don't know what to do with.

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam about 3 years ago

Abhinav Gupta wrote:

Any Suggestions where to look for...

In the browser you can open (web) developer console and monitor network traffic to see stanza exchange with the server.

(1-4/4)