Project

General

WebSocket / BOSH ping problem

Steffen Larsen
Added almost 3 years ago

Hi,

I have a strange problem, in the way I get pings to the different clients.

I have several client which have different transports - some are running BOSH, some WS (WebSockets) and some normal TCP.

My properties for ping is like so:

@c2s/watchdog_delay[L]=60000

c2s/watchdog_timeout[L]=60000

c2s/watchdog_ping_type[S]=xmpp@

So for TCP I receive the ping and can answer back with a pong - but for WS I do not receive such a IQ stanza. So it gets terminated after my watchdog timeout.

The same for BOSH, but I believe that BOSH does not need such a ping feature since its request/response model.

My WS is setup like so:

@--comp-class-1 = tigase.server.websocket.WebSocketClientConnectionManager

--comp-name-1 = ws2s

ws2s/connections/ports[i]=5290,5291

ws2s/connections/5291/socket=ssl

ws2s/connections/5291/type=accept@

I can se that I am present with all my clients.. so they should receive a ping like the TCP one.

Stream management is enabled (XEP-0198) and I am running Tigase server 7.0.2-b3821/563fcf81 (in single node mode - no cluster and directly on the server).

-Cheers!

/Steffen

Replies (7)

Added by Wojciech Kapcia TigaseTeam almost 3 years ago

If you prefix property with "c2s/" it applies only to regular socket connections. You can either configure watchdog separately for @ws2s/@. Also - watchdog is disabled for BOSH as it doesn't make sense to check those connections using watchdog - appropriate checking is inherent in BOSH itself.

Added by Steffen Larsen almost 3 years ago

Hi W,

Thanks for your fast reply! :-)

Yes I knew that it was a bit unnecessary for BOSH as I wrote, but should c2s also apply for WS streams? or does it not count as real socket connections?..

I'll add both to the property file.

While ws2s is similar to c2s (and it extends it implementation wise) it's still a separate component with all what it entails - among which is separate configuration :-)

Okie dokie. I just tested it and it seems to work.. The fun part of it is that its sending whitespace ping to the WS client instead of XMPP pings (which I receive on the TCP client).

I've set it like this, and my TCP client gets XMPP ping, but my WS client gets whitespaces.. hmmmm

@c2s/watchdog_delay[L]=60000

c2s/watchdog_timeout[L]=60000

c2s/watchdog_ping_type[S]=xmpp

ws2s/watchdog_delay[L]=60000

ws2s/watchdog_timeout[L]=60000

ws22s/watchdog_ping_type[S]=xmpp@

you have:

ws22s/watchdog_ping_type[S]=xmpp

there is no ws22s but ws2s ;-)

ha ha ha!!!! DOH :-)